One touch power windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched but, I haven't found any instructions on how to retrain the One touch power windows on a 2001 LX. If anyone knows how, I would greatly appreciate knowing how too.

How my problem started: My one touch power windows were working fine unitl I built speaker pods for my front door midrange speakers. The pods were a little big and they hit the window about 1/2 of the way up or down. So I built new speaker pods that no longer interfere with the windows and my passenger side window one touch operation came back on its own. The driver's window hasn't yet but, I have only lower and raised the window about 5 times since I built the smaller pods. So I wanted to see if I needed to retrain the windows or would it do it automattically?

I believe that the procedure on most Toyotas is:
  1. Get in car and close all doors & windows.
  2. Turn key to ACC.
  3. Use the switch on the door you are reseting (not the driver's master switch unless you're reseting the driver's window) to bring the window all the way down, then continue to hold switch down for 5 seconds.
  4. Immediately bring window up to the top, again continuing to hold for 5 seconds.
However, I have been attempting this process with my passenger rear window to no avail! Typically the window will stop moving after going down and holding for 5 seconds. Then the master switch (driver's door) must be used and/or I must cycle the key before the window can move again. After dozens of attempts, my auto-up window still reaches the top then drops back down a few inches.

Following closely to see the correct procedure and/or new ideas on how to reset these switches.

Not sure but it may need a pinch sensor reset. This was posted recently and was very helpful to me. Kinda sucks to do but resolves most if not all window regulator transit issues. At least enough to call a bad motor/regulator/switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom