1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Stop Shopping....???

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by - S.A. -, Feb 22, 2004.

1. - S.A. -

- S.A. -

You know, from the days of the OLD Sor Forum to Today on the Mud forum..i have read loads and loads of GREAT advice on different repairs from Birf Service, to Tie rod changes, To OME installs..etc.
    [glow=red,2,300]BUT[/glow]
    I am just wondering if there is out there a site..or if anyone is thinking about putting together a site with Step by Step processes for some of the more common repairs. It seems to me that a site with a 1..do this, 2. get part ## that, 3. look at this...ect, type instructions would be beneficial to everyone. I know the links page here has different links to diffenent projects...and slee has some good stuff...but, is there a one stop place with nobrainer instructions out there?

I actually have a cruiser related URL and was thinking about putting such a site together. Problem is i am not that familiar with html, time is tight, and my computer is not up to par.

anyways...
    just thinking.

later..
    JOE

2. Junk

Junk

S.A. - that's a tough job.

A few sites, including IH8Mud have tech areas, but you may have to search for info etc. Links to other tech areas help too.

This is actually along the lines of what the FAQs could become, to a point, but it will take awhile to get there.

3. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Another issue is how far do you dumb it down? Not to be a jerk, but some people need to hear the righty tighty, lefty loosey mantra playing on the radio to get through changing a light bulb. What I'd like is something on the lines of Cliff notes. Just something to keep me going in a orderly fashion from start to finish so I get things done in the right sequence.