One Stone Arm rests (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some photos of my install. My 70 has full door cards where the metal strip is not exposed, so the magnets could not serve its purpose. I decided to drill through the door card and replace the magnets with bolts and fasten it to the door card. Worked out well where now it is solid mounted with no movement at all. Overall, I like the design and it highly improves the ergonomics especially in a RHD vehicle, since we are used to cupholders being on the right side in LHD, picking up a drink with your left hand is surprisingly very odd feeling. The eclectic look of it seems appropriate to the landcruiser overall feel as well. On the downside, your drink is more vulnerable to the outside temps and more visible to other motorists.

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

I'd be in if they did brown.

Shipping quote is in. Currently I have 8 people expressing interest in ordering. One stone is sold out with this order so I cannot accept additional orders unless people back out. I’ll send individual messages out to people who’ve already indicated they want them and update this thread as required.
Did you end up with a spare set from anyone backing out?

I did not. The first order is all spoken for. However I will be placing another order once Adrian gets more produced. I expect a couple weeks and I’ll be ready to place an order. I will have finalized pricing at that time.

I did not. The first order is all spoken for. However I will be placing another order once Adrian gets more produced. I expect a couple weeks and I’ll be ready to place an order. I will have finalized pricing at that time.
Tell him to do some in Oak 😀

Here are some photos of my install. My 70 has full door cards where the metal strip is not exposed, so the magnets could not serve its purpose. I decided to drill through the door card and replace the magnets with bolts and fasten it to the door card. Worked out well where now it is solid mounted with no movement at all.

Since my HZJ77 has those full door cards as well, I decided against jumping on this group order when the thread was created. It is nice to see how you made them work. Thank you for sharing.

i imagine the owner might eventually come around to oak if he thinks about it. most people willing to spend 300 bucks on aesthetically pleasing armrests are going to be quite particular about their trucks, and color is probably the first criteria for aesthetics

i imagine the owner might eventually come around to oak if he thinks about it. most people willing to spend 300 bucks on aesthetically pleasing armrests are going to be quite particular about their trucks, and color is probably the first criteria for aesthetics

Agreed! If they were $25 jobbers then I'd just buy them and paint them. But they are nice kit... and I'd want them done to match from the get-go for that price.

Agreed! If they were $25 jobbers then I'd just buy them and paint them. But they are nice kit... and I'd want them done to match from the get-go for that price.
my thoughts exactly... pay that much andthen have to DIY the paint and reupholster the padding doesn't make sense. I'd make them myself from ply and bolt them on before i did that.

Brown may be desirable for a few. Adrian, the builder of the armrests put a lot of work into these. I get the feeling through communication he started this operation in his garage in Australia (primary market). He has the plastic moulds made From ABS and assembles the armrests himself. I would imagine the time and money invested to get the right color grey to match is offset by units sold. I’m not sure when/if he will do the same for brown. Keeping in mind the plastic and the vinyl pad have to match, it’s probably very labor/time intensive to get it right.

I am collecting feedback for brown, and he has said that he’s considered doing it as he gets some requests for brown in Oz. I just don’t know when or if he will decide to.

To be fair and transparent about pricing (speaking to the $300/pair) I was able to get the first group of Armrests at $226/pair + domestic shipping at $15-ish. So, the first group who ordered spent about $240 for a pair delivered from Australia to them. I didn’t profit from this at all.

I will be doing the second round order and guessing a pair will run around $280 or so including domestic shipping. I’m adding a bit of profit this time because the deal was very time consuming and I feel my time is worth a bit of profit.

Didn't mean to sound like I'm slamming the product. Quite the opposite! I'll drop the cash for Oak, if he does them. But I understand one-man bands can't be everything to everyone.

And kudos to you for sourcing these. You deserve something for your time, no doubt.

I am watching this thread for the eventual "he's doing Oak!" post. ;)

No worries I didn’t take it badly, and I wasn’t trying to be dickish as well (parts of that could be read that way too). Only trying to articulate an alibi why brown isn’t made yet.

Fingers crossed Adrian is willing to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom