One of our own..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, I realize this doesn't belong here, but if it could remain for a few days before being moved, I'd appreciate.

Local club member and Mudder.

http://m.swtimes.com/news/tulsa-man-dies-son-injured-after-bluff-fall-franklin-county

TULSA MAN DIES, SON INJURED AFTER BLUFF FALL IN FRANKLIN COUNTY

A Tulsa man died and his son was critically injured after the two fell off a bluff in Franklin County late Friday.

Shane Trotter, 35, and his 8-year-old son were near a bluff by a gazebo at White Rock Mountain in northwest Franklin County when they fell just after 9 p.m. Friday, said Franklin County Sheriff Anthony Boen.

First responders climbed down to help, with assistance from Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Forestry Service, Franklin County Emergency Management and EMS. Franklin County deputies Justin Oliver and Mason Berry made their way around a slick trail to find the safest and quickest way down to the base of a 100-foot rock face, according to a news release posted to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

Trotter was found dead at the scene, but his son was found alive, although seriously injured. He was carried out on a spine board and airlifted in critical condition with internal injuries to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, the release states.

Boen said as of Saturday afternoon the boy was in about the same shape as the night before. The family has been notified, Boen said.

The two were with a camping group out of Tulsa. Boen estimated the fall at about 60 feet.

-end

Known Shane a few years. Good guy and dad.

Finances are going to be a major challenge for his family, so calling out for any assistance Mud can provide.

PayPal address to donate:

Shanetrottermemorialfund@gmail.com

Anything is appreciated.

Yuck! Horrible:(

I get in some pretty precarious places on weekends with my kids in the name of fun. I don't ever wanna have hindsight, or worse, leave them with a tragic memory.

Hopefully that boy pulls through and has no memory specific to his fathers death.

So sad...

Thats really terrible. Sorry to hear it. Sent a small donation in. Hopefully other mudders can too.

Sorry to hear that, hope the boy heals up OK.

Done and sent- praying for swift recovery, comfort and peace of mind

Hope the boy recovers, giving condolences to kids is the most difficult sorrow.

Bad deal, all the way around.

Met Shane and his current wife a few years ago, when he came by the house to borrow a double cardan drive shaft.

If memory serves, he was in the midst of an extensive and expensive custody battle, one that I don't think he'd recovered from, financially speaking.

Never discussed anything beyond 80s, so don't know how that information was divulged, but what I remember.

We weren't tight, but Cruisers have a way of establishing repoire and the necessary exchanges a way of building some degree of comraderie. Plus, local 80s are relatively rare, so a small group of enthusiast, to boot.

Don't know the specifics, beyond what articles I've read have stated, but sucks, regardless.

About all I could think to do was notify and request whatever assistance can be offered by the conmunity, since I know trying financial times are ahead for the surviving family.

Puts my petty bull$hit problems in perspective.....at least for a little while. :(

Thank you for posting.... A very kind gesture on your part Delancy.

Hear that.

Worst part of my day consisted of waking up in my own bed at home, and being depressed it wasn't within earshot of the ocean waves we grew accustomed to last week, with no sand in our cracks, and no burning sensation on parts of the body that aren't typically exposed to sun, our kids with family.

For that matter, puts a slight haze on the anticipation that's been building for months, that my teenage daughter is going to be ringing the bell tomorrow, after completion of several scans that should (WILL) allow the pediatric oncologist to state she's cancer free.

At least I'll be there....

That day will never pass for that very young family, unlike so many of our problem days, that will.

^^^^^

Smiling(for you) and holding my youngest son tighter than usual while watching a movie covered in pizza crumbs.

Last edited:
Just had my first kid this year. That's why I feel for this family. Never thought about what would happen if I left this world. Untill I had a family.

Hopefully that boy pulls through and has no memory specific to his fathers death.

The son pulling through, obviously.

On the latter, there's no way, unfortunately.....

I recall personal crap that occurred much younger, all molding into what I am today, for better or worse.

The kid will never forget that day.

Hopefully, he'll physically heal with no ill effects and continue life forward on a positive note, as I know his dad would want, like any of us would want for our kids, if they'd lost us and were injured in the process.

Purpose:

If we, (collectively, this community) can lessen the financial burden this family is facing today, will be facing in the near and far future, with a boatload of simple, easy, no hassle PayPal transaction of whatever can be spared, it may have long lasting implications in the younger survivors' lives, more than we'll ever know.

Nothing like a trooper showing up on your doorstep when you're eight years old, notifying next of kin, that the stepfather was killed.

The initial shock wears, life goes on, but it's sucks ass when that's a single mom, single income, trying to feed two kids, and fighting to keep from foreclosure, while deciding what utility bills will be paid, what won't.

We have a chance, albeit one with odds stacked against and know known return, to possibly make a difference in their lives.

So, I'm asking that we do what we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom