one more Ironman question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looked on the Ironman suspension thread for which rear spring goes on the driver side. On page 3, aomeone says 67, but on page 4, someone says 66. Any more input on which it really is?

On the BDS site, 66 is drivers side--would this be for left hand drive?

Thanks

Put the two rear springs side by side. One will be a little taller or higher than the other. The taller one goes on the drivers side. It is arched a little higher to account for the drivers weight.

HTH

Matt

i'm almost sure i did 66 on the drivers side. double check by laying them side by side. it'll be obvious which one is more arched. that one will be your drivers side spring.

Well...:eek:

My friend started on this lift without me (which is very nice). I gave him a call and said that 66 went on the drivers side. He heard 'right' side. When I got over there, I saw the 66 on the right side. Needless to say, I felt very bad about bringing up the springs being reversed.

I figured I would triple check to make sure that 66 was really the drivers side. I reread the other thread and saw that the person who posted the part numbers where 67 was the drivers side ended up putting the 66 on the drivers side in the end.

Thanks for the responses--everyone has been very helpful here.

hmmm that is a bummer, I don't think it really is that huge of a deal though. The only bad thing of my install was having to go re do the shackles. Besides that everything was smooth, kinda tough to get stuff to fit right in perfectly occassionaly but no rust so it was not that bad, I didn't have to use new spring pins, mine were perfect on my 160k rig.

Actually, rust does not look to be an issue with this truck--it has 187,000. Spring pins are fine. I did hit it with some penetrant just to be safe. A couple of the upper bushings were stuck, but they got them out.

I guess there were some issues getting the axle lined up, but tit worked out.

I don't figure the springs being swapped would be the end of the world, but I know it's not right and it would always bother me. I do feel bad that they went though all the effort and it has to be redone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom