One more introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aim

Threads
Might as well get it over with. I came here from LCOOL; started four years ago with a '92 FJ80, a year and a half ago added a 94. With the 92 I went through the usual research-photocopy-provide parts-do it all over again myself the right way 10K miles later cycle at the local mechanic. The 94 avoided this fate. On both vehicles, most parts (time permitting) are from Mr. Voodoo, the rest from the local Toyota with the usual discount. Retrofitted e-lockers to the 94 (the garage is full of assorted axle parts yet to sell), fixed the *@&#! rusted liftgate weld on the 92 (the 94 is still waiting), resealed the windsields, build a dog platform in the back (drawers with the drawer part, a piece of foam and an easily removed and washed cover on top), the LEDs of course, and small things here and there. Oh, and the rusted steps were removed from the 94. Both got christened in local (Western Massachusetts) mud.

In other words, the usual anal-retentive Mud addict lurker. Soon, I'll even start asking questions!

Welcome home...;)

Welcome.
Cheers,
Sean

Welcome, now show us some pics!

Welcome!! ^what he said

Welcome!

Just hearing the word LCOOL takes me back several years....

cabron said:
Welcome, now show us some pics!

Ok, I'll learn about uploading images.

Here is a test picture of the aforementioned dog platform in action inside the '92 on a trip to Texas. Two pieces of 1/2" cut to the contour of the back, meeting in the middle, supported by a vertical piece of plywood jammed between the two rear seats. A few extra screws and pieces of metal, foam, three covers (waterproof, sand-proof and dog-proof) and the dogs are happy. I really need a barrier, though.

By the way, anybody from Texas or New Mexico have any suggestions for dog friendly places to camp and hike (and wheel!) that is not choked with snow in February? The '94 is jealous!

Andre M.
plat.jpg
dogs.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Good to have you here.
:)

From Indiana, Welcome.

Now just lose that Chevy and you'll be alright.:flipoff2:

Just as soon as I build a trailer. We do carry a lot of sheet goods. Sorry... :whoops:

jklubens said:
From Indiana, Welcome.
Now just lose that Chevy and you'll be alright.:flipoff2:

question ....:grinpimp: ....

Which FJ came with the OEM clothes string and are those slips yours or your significant other? If they're yours... daughterofromer would probably like having another female member :D

If they're yours and your not female...welcome anyway :flipoff2:

WET

The rope is aftermarket. Second mod I did after George's LEDs. What I *do* have that's OEM, though, is the HD blender that mounts in the USPS side rear pocket. Imported by my siberian connection (let's call him SDan, following the CDan/Mot lead), it was mostly available in Eastern Russia with the diesel models. The thinking was that Russians both drink and have lots of ice availabe to them. Stop anywhere, reach out, have mixed drinks. Unfortunately for Toyota, most Russians drink stuff cold, but neat. So there weren't many of these blenders sold. It cost me a lot, wasn't Araco *and* I had to rewire mine for 12V single phase.

Now, about the slips. What you see to the far right is a Jansport daypack - with the usual rat's nest of confusing straps. The rest (from the left) seems to be a couple of unromantic pillows and a towel. We got flooded out in Arkansas and were still drying out. I picked the picture where the lighter stuff has dried and was put away :cool:. Sorry...

Like your nick!

wileetoyote said:
question ....:grinpimp: ....

Which FJ came with the OEM clothes string and are those slips yours or your significant other? If they're yours... daughterofromer would probably like having another female member :D

If they're yours and your not female...welcome anyway :flipoff2:

WET

aim said:
By the way, anybody from Texas or New Mexico have any suggestions for dog friendly places to camp and hike (and wheel!) that is not choked with snow in February? The '94 is jealous!

Andre M.
Andre,
Welcome.

I think Albuquerque, NM doesn't get very much snow in Feb...at least the later half. Probably, just south of ABQ (like Soccorro) will be good too...for wheeling. However, confirm with CDan as he is from ABQ and has the final word.

Hike in Texas....serious hiking. You must be kidding. :grinpimp:

:cheers:
Pradeep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom