One fuel injector is clogged from junk, are F E serviceable ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

One fuel injector is clogged from junk

Fuel injectors are very expensive, you can't change one you need to change all 6

Nothing is available in Israel. We have shops that service them. but quality of parts very.

Is there a Toyota service kit for fuel injectors?

Injectors can at least be serviced. I'm not an expert on the industry but my understanding is that an injector "rebuild" consists of flow and spray pattern testing it before/after work and that the work is cleaning and replacing the little seals/strainers and other bits that can be accessed. I don't think that the core of the injector is altered during rebuild of most of the common injectors out there these days and if an injector doesn't clean up and flow/pattern test well then you want to replace it after that. Some injectors can be broken down and tuned/serviced more than others I believe.

If you can find a shop to do a similar "rebuild" of your injectors and if the flow rates and spray patterns look good and consistent after the work then I'd have no issue re-installing them and rolling on. This has been my approach over decades, starting with old diesel tractor engines I used to work with and the vast majority of the injectors responded well to the attention and worked great after cleanup. In fact, if there's a part of town that does a lot of diesel engine service and repair they may have a good injector servicing shop worth trying.

Oh, and I see a lot of injector service kits online like this one:

I'm not sure if there is an official / oem kit or what the part number is though.

I just installed 6 rebuilt injectors. I order the below from partsouq.com. A local shop flow tested and checked the pattern. I used the below when installing.

ITEM PART# DESCRIPTION MAKE QTY UNIT PRICE
22329141010INSULATOR, INJECTOR VIBRATIONToyota661.72$
39048013005GROMMET(FOR FUEL INJECTOR)Toyota661.74$
49030107001RING, O(FOR FUEL INJECTOR)Toyota662.03$

It depends on where it’s clogged. There is a mesh filter on the inlet that can be cleaned/replaced. It’s sometimes referred to as a “basket.” If it’s clogged at the orifice or nozzle, it’s not easy to unclog.

It depends on where it’s clogged. There is a mesh filter on the inlet that can be cleaned/replaced. It’s sometimes referred to as a “basket.” If it’s clogged at the orifice or nozzle, it’s not easy to unclog.

@use2bn83 In a modern injector the orifice or nozzle is replaceable not in our model

Do you have a part number for the mesh filter?

Do you know the country of origin of those injectors?

It's been discussed, have to be careful when buying injectors on the net as the market is flooded with cheapo unreliable made-in-kerapp-chynna injector knock-offs.

@use2bn83 In a modern injector the orifice or nozzle is replaceable not in our model

Do you have a part number for the mesh filter?
I don’t unfortunately, but they can be had in a kit like this. When I replaced mine, I used a wood screw to pop the old one out. You can pop one out and measure it and order them separately by dimension. This will not be available from toyota. I’ll 2nd being careful with Chinese knockoff injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom