On the fence about a gooseneck trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
Im on the fence about buying a Gooseneck trailer.

New ones in California are insanely overpriced. Used ones in California are the same price as the new ones out of state.

I found this Titan that is a bit overkill for hauling any of my rigs but it is priced right. It is only 2,000 miles away.

What say the trailer guru's?
I asked the owner to park his Kubota and his dodge next to it for size reference.

Has a 24' deck
image.jpg

The 5' rear dove tail moves up so it is level with 24' deck.
The ramps flip up and are level w the deck as well.
image.jpg

Has 38" deck height
image.jpg

Looks like a nice trailer. Ask for pics of the frame to neck corners/welds. Dual tandems that are used to haul backhoes, skidsteers etc.. get twisted and the structural tie points are the first inspection point.

When I had my goosenecks, they were my go-to trailer over the tandem utility/car haulers. I still prefer a gooseneck to a bumper pull.

J

I've been thinking about a deck over, to haul my big tractor. I don't need the dual wheel axles, though. That four extra tires and bigger brakes adds up when replacing. Do you need that heavy of a trailer? It is a great looking trailer, always liked the pop up ramp.

I do not need a trailer that heavy duty. I don't own anything that would overload it.

He sold his Case Dozer so he no longer needs the trailer.

The owner has the receipt of when he bought it new in 2007 for $12,800

It has new tires on it and just serviced.

But for $6,500 can I really pass it up?

What is the heaviest load you'll haul? Typically just a wheeling rig? 2 rigs with a trailer long enough? A tractor? What are you pulling with? Does higher capacity come with more red tape in California (annual trailer inspection? Upgraded drivers license?) that looks like a nice trailer if you need the capacity, but if you are only intending to haul a single rig I think it would be overkill for length and weight, and the deckover is going to lead to more wind drag.

I ended up with a 20' (18' + 2' beavertail) deck between with 5200# axles. <$4000 lightly used. I really like it for my uses.
IMG_20140422_154653.jpg

Sounds like you are well equipped to pull it, and I have no doubt you would find ways to put it to use. I would never advocate driving that far to pull something home though. :lol:

Looks like a nice trailer. Ask for pics of the frame to neck corners/welds. Dual tandems that are used to haul backhoes, skidsteers etc.. get twisted and the structural tie points are the first inspection point.

When I had my goosenecks, they were my go-to trailer over the tandem utility/car haulers. I still prefer a gooseneck to a bumper pull.

J

I have been pulling a bumper pull since before I had my drivers license. What are the differences between pulling that and a gooseneck?

I am in the opinion of, one can never have too much trailer, but your truck has to be able to handle it. Sounds like you have that covered. If you had a F250, that might be a big much on a regular basis. But, since you have that beefy dana s110 with the huge 10 lug axles, it would be a shame not to have that trailer. Good price to.

I think the GN is the only choice. You have a substantial TV? Much smoother, better turning, more load control.

I remember seeing a GN with a truck camper and a rig on the back...very sweet setup...Mace maybe?

Mace, Woody, Roger and J Baker all have Redneck Toy Haulers.

Big Goose Neck trailer with slide in camper up front and a rig or two on the back.

I would not buy a trailer big enough to do that. I need a trailer for average stuff.

I have some vet bills this month but if the trailer is still there in 6 weeks, I'm gonna buy it. It will be a road trip to go get it.

I got a screaming deal on my 33' gn at $4,300.

Trailer prices around here are outrageous... I blame California.

We're an easy target. I blame all of the carpet baggers. We natives are being crowded out of our own state by them. Not to mention their ludicrous laws and calling this once fine state "Cali"....

Our plan is starting to work though, soon they'll have to go back to where ever they came from if they want to keep their green lawns and wash their driveways.

28'ish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom