On EBay for sale, BIG FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Taken from the listing:

Truly a fanatic about this vehicle, rest assured it has been meticulously well cared for and serviced to ensure long life both inside and out. It should be of comfort that I have used Prolong Super Lubricant Additives (engine, transmission, and fuel treatments) from the very first day I owned this Cruiser.

Well, count me out, can't believe somebody spent that much time on a truck and put that s*** in. Not to be a prick (okay, I am a prick), but it looks like a person who lived on the Penninsula and has way to much money. Any guesses on how much it will go for? I say $15,000, would have been $20,000 without the prolong.

Cary

Just a guess, but that truck looks very much like one described to me by one of the sales guys at MAF. I remember talking to him when I ordered some parts about 6 months ago, we both had 96's and were trading mod stories, but my list is over in about 30 seconds, 10 minutes later he was still going. What stuck in my mind were the turbo, the slotted DBA's, the 40 gal tank, the mileage, and the Kaymar.. plus they're all in CA, right? but then again I thought he had stock lockers not ARB's. Anyway, nice truck.. to much for me we'll see how Powerball treats me this weekend.

and thanks for the laugh Cary, LMFAO!!
(okay, I am a prick)

I'm no genius, but it sure looks like the sticker on the window says "Man-A-Fre" to me :D

mot

Gotta resepct a guy for his fanaticism, that's for sure! If everything is done right, then this should be an awesome turn key vehicle. Just get it and go. I bet most of us will end up with the same long list with our rigs when it's all said and done. Alan Podvin has more s*** on his vehicle than this guy!

Hi all:
am curious about the big picture here.
What's your impression about the wisdom of buying a modded rig from somebody rather than doing it yourself? Of course, less work (fun?) involved. I imagine the cost must be lower than doing it yourself since the demand is probably not high and labor would not be recouped.
Most importantly, though, is the uncertainty factor: I mean somebody bolted a T/C on an engine, how do you know if it's all there and how well it works? Of course, if it's from a respectable shop that's better.
Still, though, what's the prevalent feeling? Good or bad idea to buy modded rigs in general?
thanks
Eric

Normally I would be reluctant to purchase a modified rig. I think there are a couple of factors that go in favor of this particular truck (without having seen it). First, it has been built by a reputable shop. 2) The owner lives in Woodside. For those of you that don't live in the Bay Area, Woodside is about as exclusive of an area as you can get (it is by Atherton and Pertola Valley, places where Larry Ellison, Steve Wazniak and all those guys live). Most of the people that live in the area are not even dot com employees but old money. I would venture to guess that the owner did no work on the truck himself, but merely said, here is what I want, please do it. Cost was not a factor, and accordingly, no shortcuts taken.

Cary

Too late, muchachos. Looks like some moneybags took the bait at the "buy it now" price of 22 and a half.
(If it was somebody on this board, I want a ride in it!)

LT
8)

the one plus of buying an already modified rig (in my opinion) is the cost. most of us could never get out of what we put into our rigs. like wise he obviously has way more money into it than he can get out of it. if i were to buy a modified rig though i woluld look for someone who has done somthing a bit more conservative (like slee stuff) and you can get awnsers to your questions if anything is suspect. just my .02

The 'Buy it now' only works if you are the first bidder, all it does if you are #2 or later is bump it up to the reserve. I'd be skeptical about replacing any of those japanese hard to find products in the lift, if you were to have a problem.

Sweet rig though, and to note, notice the house behind it, a sort of normal looking pad with a neighbor within 50 feet, that's what 2 mil gets ya here in Cali....god I love this state!

Yall that are drooling over that truck make me
reg.gif

who the heck cares about what is bolted on etc. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :flipoff2:

There's plenty of good sheet available for us. There's very few I've seen that have maxed out what they can do even with basic OME suspension. Heck, I've seen Klunky handle trails with his stock suspension and trailer hitch still on with 33 FrXus tires on that were giving guys with 35-37's issues. Some with 35's didn't even have the hairies to try that trail. :-\

For one I care. Not everything that's bolted on but some of it. I've posted about just that type of solution recently and was told it wasn't available and more expensive that new front arms. So I enjoy seeing it actually on a truck, just need to find a source now.

My impression of you Junk is a guy with a limitless bank account. Unfortunately I have to spend wisely and do my best to get what I want the first go around. You talk about this elaborate suspension system you got from Slee one month and next month show off some Portals that are getting installed over the winter. I don't have the wallet for that kind of experimentation.

Hey Rick,

Let's see if we can get on his Christmas list :flipoff2:

D- :cheers:

Maybe Alan Povdin can get this stuff, anybody know him...

I'm ducking as someone throws a beer can at me....doh

Al long as YOUR stuff works for YOU.....that's all that matters eh....I've only wheeled one season in my rig, and it's got a lot more sierra pinstripes than that fat rig.....my guess it didn't see much action anyhow....well Hollister Hills gets old fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom