On board air with GM A6 compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tcbushwackers.org
Woody,

I was reading your tech link on this subject and was wondering if since the link was published have you had any problems with the 3 point mounting?

Also what type of pressure switch was it you wished you had?
I'm thinking of something similiar to my home compressor.

no problems with the mount....worked perfectly. I did ditch the tall valve covers for stock tho since the bracket off the intake wouldn't clear and I was too lazy to make a new one.

I wish I'd used a switch with an line unloader in it...with my current setup that will be a must.

Just finished moving the brackets over to the Harrison compressor on the TBI motor this weekend, need to wire it up now...probably gonna put this one on a bush-button switch since I'm not running a tank yet. (mounting ideas still churning...)

Do you mean a pop-off valve to relieve pressure on the pump? If so do you have a Part#

I had an inline popoff valve that was worthless from Grainger. A unloader is the thin air line off the controller switch, common on all compressors. A popoff like mine without the unloader doesn't allow pressure in the supply line to drop fast enuf to effectively close the popoff and seal the air in the tank. Mine leaked constantly...

Don't have a PN, but it was a stock item at Grainger in Appleton....just spent some time with their books.

Do you mean a pop-off valve to relieve pressure on the pump? If so do you have a Part#

I looked for the unloader and couldn't find it locally. Finally had to order from Kilby Enterprises
http://www.onboardair.com/
Part # CB38 - $15.00
If you have a common compressor type pressure switch you can run an 1/8" line from it to the unloader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom