On Board air set ups (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

Mike, you can use a female quick disconect like in a shop air system. This can be supplied by the tank or a manifold. I would recomend running a line and mounting it on your bumper or somplace that has easy access, that way you dont have to open the hood to connect a hose. I have a QD on my front and rear bumper. Works great.

I dont know much about 12 volt compressors I run a york set up on my 40 with a tank mounted under the tub just in front of the rear axel.

If you're serious about Air look at Endless Air or a York...something Engine Driven...12v, even with a tank is a big compromise on effeciency...they are just slow and tend to cook in my experience....

[quote author=Mike S link=board=1;threadid=13399;start=msg123990#msg123990 date=1079726924]
I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

Check here.onboardair.com
lot's of different ways.mine utilizes three tank fittings and a few T blocks,no manifold.
any 12 volt system will be most likely be more money and a compromise in efficency.
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom