On Board air set ups

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Mike S, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Mike S

Mike S

I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

2. joe cabela

joe cabela

Mike, you can use a female quick disconect like in a shop air system. This can be supplied by the tank or a manifold. I would recomend running a line and mounting it on your bumper or somplace that has easy access, that way you dont have to open the hood to connect a hose. I have a QD on my front and rear bumper. Works great.

I dont know much about 12 volt compressors I run a york set up on my 40 with a tank mounted under the tub just in front of the rear axel.

3. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

If you're serious about Air look at Endless Air or a York...something Engine Driven...12v, even with a tank is a big compromise on effeciency...they are just slow and tend to cook in my experience....

4. KgB

KgB

[quote author=Mike S link=board=1;threadid=13399;start=msg123990#msg123990 date=1079726924]
    I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

Check here.onboardair.com
    lot's of different ways.mine utilizes three tank fittings and a few T blocks,no manifold.
    any 12 volt system will be most likely be more money and a compromise in efficency.
    [/quote]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.