1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Board air set ups

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Mike S, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Mike S

Mike S

I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

2. joe cabela

joe cabela

Mike, you can use a female quick disconect like in a shop air system. This can be supplied by the tank or a manifold. I would recomend running a line and mounting it on your bumper or somplace that has easy access, that way you dont have to open the hood to connect a hose. I have a QD on my front and rear bumper. Works great.

I dont know much about 12 volt compressors I run a york set up on my 40 with a tank mounted under the tub just in front of the rear axel.

3. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

If you're serious about Air look at Endless Air or a York...something Engine Driven...12v, even with a tank is a big compromise on effeciency...they are just slow and tend to cook in my experience....

4. KgB

KgB

[quote author=Mike S link=board=1;threadid=13399;start=msg123990#msg123990 date=1079726924]
    I am planning the on-board air system for my 60. I have a good idea of what I need for running the ARB lockers. I would like to add some type of manifold block so that I can quickly add an air hose, etc., without disrupting anything else. I am not clear on how this fits into the compressor, tank set up.

I assume a number of you have done something similar. Ideas?

Also I would like opinions on various 12V compressors and tanks - material, size and mounting locations.

Thanks for your help.

Mike S

Check here.onboardair.com
    lot's of different ways.mine utilizes three tank fittings and a few T blocks,no manifold.
    any 12 volt system will be most likely be more money and a compromise in efficency.
    [/quote]

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">