OME851 with OME863 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im having problems finding a good cheap pair of 1.5 inch spacers for the front. I find some that are only 1 inch that might work. But if the 1.5's worked better then I would rather get some of those.

What about the front sway bar spacers?

1.5" spacers:
http://metaltech4x4.com/products_80spacers.htm

I'll trade you my 860's for your 863's if you don't want that much height in the back.

What about the front sway bar spacers?

The need for sway bar spacers is determined by the length of the shocks (droop) and caster correction. Most of the time they aren't needed with the std OME shocks and CC. When all of the parts are installed and the rig is on the stands, the front axle fully drooped check the clearance between sway bar and drive shaft, if touching or close you need them. The clearance issue is only when drooped, so it's OK to drive it as long as you don't wheel, flex it until the spacers are on.

The spacers are drop dead simple to make. I don't know what's available in "AsylumNation" but here is a good metal store (Metal Supermarkets) that doesn't charge a cut fee and sells by the inch. You need two pieces of aluminum bar, 2" wide X the thickness that it needs to be spaced and cut to ~3 3/4" long. Drill two holes in each to match the brackets, get longer bolts and install.

Metal Supermarkets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom