OME vs HFS vs redlinecruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had the redline cruisers ultimate lift kit installed on an FJ40? If so how is it? That claim that it’s a great ride, and include the bilstein shocks in the kit, which seems to be the shocks people switch to regardless if they have OME or other lifts.

I’ve read a lot on here about OME and HFS, and a lot of people mention the skyjacker kit as well. What’s the best?

Thanks for the advice.

Let's throw another in the mix with Dobinson's.

Sorry, no help on your question except to search and check out build threads.

I basically have the redline ultimate lift on mine I sourced myself: procomp springs and bilsteins and my own slightly extended shackles. I’m very happy with the ride. It’s the smoothest cruiser I have ridden in and I’ve had/ridden in stock, spring over, skyjacker, rancho and ome. I did not need caster shims until I added about 1” over stock length shackles.

I have not ridden in one with dobinsons. If I were to do it again I’d do what I did or go dobinsons based on the reviews.

Can't say what is truly the best, only what has worked for me. I have 19 years on my HFS 4 inch springs. Flexes and rides great, even after all those years. Might have lost an inch or so during that time but it still has plenty of clearance for 35s and a little loss in height over nearly 2 decades is acceptable to me. Upgraded to Bilsteins last summer and love how smooth it is now. No experience with Skyjacker or Dobinsons but have also heard similar reports that they are both great springs. Have not heard anything about Redline though. Good luck!

It sounds like the bilstein shocks are the way to go regardless of the springs, and if you were to go and buy a kit off the shelf dobinsons would be best ride?

The redline cruiser kit seems to tick the boxes of comfort, bilstein, and all around best ride if it’s using all the best components. Adding up the price for OME with bilstein sis pricey, HFS price is the best, and redline cruiser seems to be best of both worlds with price and components. Maybe hfs and just use bilstein shocks

Redline kit is great. @1MAC just installed on his 40. OME is good but their bushings tend to wear out prematurely. I’ve gone dobinsons on my 60 and 40 and would recommend that kit. Using Bilstein shocks on my 40 which I prefer over entry level dobinsons (yellow).

Just put the front hj45-7f on last night. Rears on the way.

75E0B78C-DE88-4643-A934-4C5B2E99F8F4.jpeg

I installed the redline kit with bilsteins 6 or so months back and have been happy with it. Back then HFS wasn't available. The guys at redline were very responsive to my questions before the order. Once ordered I received everything within a week. I don't have a comparison but happy with the outcome.

Has anyone had the redline cruisers ultimate lift kit installed on an FJ40? If so how is it? That claim that it’s a great ride, and include the bilstein shocks in the kit, which seems to be the shocks people switch to regardless if they have OME or other lifts.

I’ve read a lot on here about OME and HFS, and a lot of people mention the skyjacker kit as well. What’s the best?

Thanks for the advice.
I just contacted Redline myself. Their supplier has stopped providing their springs and there is a wait list for new stock.

FWIW the 5125 Bilsteins come in 2 different pressures. I have run their 12" higher pressure 5125 for a long time on a SOA 40 on custom Alcan leafs and IMO the Bilsteins are too stiff, get the lower pressure or look at the Dobinsons. The Billys are cheaper but the Dobinsons are sick, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom