OME Torsion Bars: which side is which? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt J

SILVER Star
Threads
So I'm putting these bars on tonight and need to know if they are like the coil springs, where they need to be reversed from the label?

As you can see, they are marked left and right...but is that "down under" directions or 'Merican??

Thanks for any help!

20210701_190157.jpg

Last edited:
So that's opposite to what the coil spring installation is...

... alrighty! Here goes nothing!

So I putting these bars on tonight and need to know if they are like the coil springs, where they need to be reversed from the label?

As you can see, they are marked left and right...but is that "down under" directions or 'Merican??

Thanks for any help!

View attachment 2719230

Convention is the same in Australia -- when sitting in the driver's seat facing forward, "Left" means on your left hand, "Right" means on your right hand, makes no difference if the vehicle is Left-Hand-Drive or Right-Hand-Drive, you are still facing in the same direction. Also see some pics re OME Torsion Bars at Page 8 at this link from Slee in USA:

https://sleeoffroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/PUB-ome_100_suspension.pdf

Sometimes there are differences in Left and Right Rear Coil Spring Toyota Part Numbers in Left-Hand-Drive markets. It is said that this is to compensate for weight of both driver and fuel on Left Hand Side in these markets.

The Rear Coil Spring Toyota Part Numbers for my Australian Right-Hand-Drive vehicle are the same for both the Left Spring and the Right Spring -- no difference.

I have never seen such differences mentioned in relation to LC100/LX470 Front torsion bars in Left-Hand-Drive markets.

Suggest contact Slee if in doubt about OME Torsion Bars:

Thank you for responding. It finally clicked after I re-read y'alls posts a few times that since these are labeled "left" and "right" instead of A & B, these should be installed as marked. Not enough caffeine!

I delayed install until the weekend, so should have them in soon. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom