OME Suspension Setup Question - Front Weight Additions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long-time 80 guy here still learning about the 100. I've got a 2005 inbound I recently purchased with the setup listed below. From the posts I'm reading, the general consensus seems to be I'll be fine to crank the OME torsions bars a bit if the front drops a whisker when I add an ARB Bullbar with winch, especially since it has the aftermarket upper control arms. Sound about right? It won't be my daily but I'd still like to keep the ride dialed in since Slee installed it last year. It's got a rear drawer system as well to flatten the rear a bit. Thanks!

OME 2860 Rear Coil Springs
Old Man Emu 60000 Shocks
Old Man Emu 60002 Shocks
Old Man Emu Torsion Bars
Slee Diff Drop Kit
SPC Upper Control Arms

Yep, should be good to go with that setup. If the front drops some after you put the ARB on, jack up the front end so that both wheels are off the ground, give the two torsion bar adjusting bolts a full turn or so, lower truck back to ground and check height, repeat as necessary.

Since its a vehicle you're not super familiar with the work on yet, I'd also recommend an alignment after.

If you knew the alignment was dead on before you do the bumper, you could measure and record hub to wheel arch measurements and getting it back to those specs with the torsion bars you'd likely not need to have one done.

Yah, it'll be here Saturday. Mud member sold it to me.

More of what I was asking was if it would be "easy" to get the height back up with the added capabilities of the aftermarket UCA's and the OME torsions bars.

Whoops. Sorry, @AlpineAccess, I did not see the response above yours. Thank you both!

Thanks, @JunkCrzr89. Ride "should" be very close to before with cranking them a turn?

Yep, should be good to go with that setup. If the front drops some after you put the ARB on, jack up the front end so that both wheels are off the ground, give the two torsion bar adjusting bolts a full turn or so, lower truck back to ground and check height, repeat as necessary.[\quote]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom