OME suspension packages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jomama

Lucideye
Threads
Just wondering if anybody has done something like this or if it even makes sense too. Just starting to research this purchase. I plan on addind a ARB/Winch down the line.... not sure about a rear bumper for now. 1 or 2 fully heavy loaded road trips a year. LOTS of daily driving & lightly loaded road trips.

Looking at Slee's site, the medium load kit might be a hair to soft, and the Heavy load might be overkill. Is there mix of springs/shocks that may be somewhere inbetween the two kits?

:cheers:

You will not be dissapointed if you go with the heavy load kit. I run the 850Js up front which are the longer heavy spring, and the regular 863 in back. It gives me ~3.5"up front which is evened up with the rears ~2.5" by the addition of the ARB stuffed with an M12k.

In short, go heavy.

I went with the heavy front and med rear. There is no immediate plan for the back to be loaded down so I figured I'll give this combo a shot. Once the rear end gets loaded down, I'll have to make a determination at that time. There's a '97 for sale with the same combination as mine. I'm in the process of installing this so I don't have any idea on ride quality, vibrations, etc.. The front has a bumper and a Warn M10000 winch.

Hey Rogue... are you running 35's with that setup? I was thinking of doing the same. I'm running a medium setup and after adding an arb I'm wishing that I had gone with the heavy setup.

nope...

Still running 33s. Currently, i'm not even sure if I will still have the truck when it is time to get new shoes for her. :'(

I'm running the heavy setup now but at one time I had the medium/light. The medium light wasn't enough to handle towing a 3500lb trailer. I just ordered an ARB bar and have included some 1" Mr. Gasket spacers as part of the install. If I'm ever lucky enough to get a winch I'll look at new springs but will pass on the J series. If nothing is available in a heavier spring rate I'll probably order custom. I get no rubbing with my 35" now so I don't see a reason that if after adding the additional weight of the winch if I'm able to compensate for that weight with a new spring rate then I can be back where I am now.

I drove a 93 a couple of years ago with heavies front and rear and an ARB bulbar up front with 33s. I thought it drove nice even unloaded. I'm now driving a 94 with stock springs and new shocks and it drives OK. I also have a 91 with the J springs. I think the J springs are actually closer to the medium 2.5" than the heavies. My friend has a 94 with mediums and no bullbar or bumper and I think the Js are compareable in ride. Neither of us has a bullbar or rear bumper. I sit really high in the rear. I didn't add the spacers up front yet as I was concerned about the caster. I did the caster correction already. I'm running 35s on the J spring'd 91 and I get slight rubbing on the mudflaps in the rear. Overall I'm happy with the J springs, but I wish the rear was slightly stiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom