OME Suspension & OEM Front Brake Parts # help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Hoping I can get some help on confirming / sourcing parts for my 87 FJ60.
Upfront, I am trying to stay OEM as much as possible for anything where OEM-spec is available as the truck has been maintained in great OEM condition.
Researching the threads has been a huge help but I could use some insight / expertise on a few things I need to get done soon:

I plan to go with Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters to source the following front-end parts:
OME Ultimate Kit - Light/Medium Duty Kit 2"- 3" Lift
I plan to have another conversation with Cruiser Outfitters when I pull the trigger here soon but is there anything I'm missing here?
I'm primarily concerned with the L/M kit as i'm trying to maintain as close to a level-stance as possible and I've read through build threads on Mud where there's been a need to modify the leafs in the L/M kit, post-install, to get level due to some stinkbug stance post-install? Would going Medium front/back avoid this? I don't plan to go hard with the truck off-road - just want something that will be comfortable on / off-road with some car fire-road camping trips, etc. Currently, i'm running the original leaf springs that are pretty flat after 30 years so i'm sure L/M or M/M will be a major improvement. Any input would be appreciated.

Knuckle Rebuild Kit w/Koyo WB's
60 series OEM replacement linkage (Includes Tie Rod, Drag Link, Relay Rod, All Ends, Clamps & Hardware).
Again, going with Cruiser Outfitters for both parts kits above - looks like they are pretty complete as spec'd. Thoughts?

Front Brakes and Miscellaneous OEM part number hell! I'm half-kidding here...half. ;) I've landed on the following Toy Part numbers through researching the mud forum.
Problem is the whole analysis paralysis as I find recommendations in certain instances but looking for actual confirmation from anyone that the following #'s are the right application and will work on an 87 FJ60 before I pry open my wallet.

Front Brakes
96940-33805 (1) Chassis to Front Axle- UPPER. This is the longer REAR FJ60 frame to axle hose - using it in FRONT for 2-3" lift
96940-34705 (1) Chassis to Rear Axle- UPPER. This is longer REAR 95-98 T100 frame to axle hose - use this in REAR for 2-3" lift
96940-39855 (2) Front Axle to Backing Plate - LOWER hose
04465-35170 PAD KIT, DISC BRAKE, FRONT Replacement for 04491-60010
47730-60021-84 Brake Caliper - Caliper Remanufactured
43512-60100 Brake Rotor - Toyota
90942-02053 (12) Bolt Hub Wheel studs for Rotors - seeing conflicting input on Mud about how these bolts have gotten shorter vs original spec? Pretty $$ so I want to make sure they will work before I buy them.
I plan to get the pin / spring hardware kit also but is there any other parts I should be updating in addition to the list above on the front brakes? Anything I've missed?

90919-21325 CORD SET, COIL & SPARK,W/RESISTIVE I'm getting conflicting info on whether this plug wire set will work with the 87 as I think the provided part # was original spec for an 85 but it's the only one that seems to be available now?

Here's the ole gal now....she wants to thank you, in advance, for any help / insight here! :)
Thanks!

Bald Peak.PNG

It looks like you've got plenty of enthusiasm to do what you need done. But you gotta realize that none of us really enjoys looking up line after line of part numbers. It gives us headaches too. If you visit the right website, you'll have zero questions whether a part number is correct or not. As to whether it's actually available... well that is always an unknown.

Use this site to find part numbers.

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 60FJ60LV-KA - TOOL-ENGINE-FUEL - | Japan Parts EU

We (Cruiser Outfitters) would love to help with the suspension and your other parts too! We stock 100% of the parts you have on your OEM list with the exception of the calipers, we do new Japanese only: YWST: Brand New Japanese OE Loaded Brake Calipers for 4x/5x/6x/7x Models
(buy the suspension and parts from us and I'll do the calipers for $250/pair :cool:)

brc60021load-jpg.1721569

90919-21325 is the cord set you want!

IGN21325.jpg

Our part# IGN21325 - OEM Toyota Spark Plug Cord Set FJ60

Give us a shout if we can be of help!

Wow! That is a GREAT DEAL on New Loaded Japanese Calipers!

@cruiseroutfit -- What is the casting # on the Caliper housing, please?

Nevermind - Saw it in your linked thread ! OEM!!!

Wow! That is a GREAT DEAL on New Loaded Japanese Calipers!

@cruiseroutfit -- What is the casting # on the Caliper housing, please?

Nevermind - Saw it in your linked thread ! OEM!!!

Regular retail is $495/pair. We will be doing some sale specials on them later in the year. $250/pair is the deal you get with a suspension and other parts :D

We are very excited about the loaded calipers, it took a ton of legwork and a volume purchase (2 pallets of calipers) to get them to happen but they are selling decently and picking up as more and more hear about them!

I *think* I paid close to that for Toyota reman 4Runner calipers and all the pads/hardware, etc... + Core!

@g-man - thanks!

@OSS - Regarding looking at the "right" website to get 100% confirmation - i've looked at several Toy dealership sites, partsouq, etc with a specific part number and getting conflicting info so not sure I can agree 100% there but the mud crew has been super helpful. It probably doesn't help that I currently have a white belt in all things FJ60! ;) Hope to get up to speed soon here.
I appreciate the site you provided- i'll definitely use that going forward, thanks!

@cruiseroutfit - Kurt, thanks - I need to commit on my parts list soon! That Loaded Caliper deal is awesome :clap:- I'll be in touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom