OME Suspension and 20mm spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All right guys, I finally pulled the plug on an OME suspension kit. I ened up purchasing: OME 60018/60020 shocks and OME 2850 front springs and 2863's for the rear. I went this route b/c I carry an extra 50-75lbs in the rear, and will soon be adding a 285/75/r16 spare to the spare tire carrier. Going with this setup, will 20mm spacers upfront help out if I want to ease up some of the rear rake? Ride quality wise, what can I expect?

Yes, it will give you about 3/4" more lift up front...I have the 20mm spacers on mine..

I've run the same suspension setup you're considering-- minus the front spacers-- for about two years. The ride is stiff when the vehicle is not loaded, but I like the "truck ride". I put the heavies on anticipating front and rear bumpers, winch, and drawers in the back. Only have gotten the drawers done do far-- curse you COVID!!

But I'm always happy with the decision I made when the vehicle is loaded for a trip. Roof loaded, back loaded, family loaded .. . Never hit the bump stops regardless of the terrain.

Two things I wish I'd done is gone with the BP-51's for a little tuning ability, and would go with variable rate springs instead of constant rate-- in both cases for a cushier ride when unloaded

I've run the same suspension setup you're considering-- minus the front spacers-- for about two years. The ride is stiff when the vehicle is not loaded, but I like the "truck ride". I put the heavies on anticipating front and rear bumpers, winch, and drawers in the back. Only have gotten the drawers done do far-- curse you COVID!!

But I'm always happy with the decision I made when the vehicle is loaded for a trip. Roof loaded, back loaded, family loaded .. . Never hit the bump stops regardless of the terrain.

Two things I wish I'd done is gone with the BP-51's for a little tuning ability, and would go with variable rate springs instead of constant rate-- in both cases for a cushier ride when unloaded

I actually ended up installing the OME 60018/60020 shocks, and the 850/860 springs along with IronMan 20mm spacers last weekend and I am happy with the results. The job took me about 8hrs and was way easier than went I did the suspension on my 04 LX470. The ride was a little stiff at first, but it has gotten slightly softer since driving it, and it rides better than what the PO had in there. I ended up buying new front & rear sway bar bushings that I need to install b/c I noticed while under there some had deteriorated.

Here are a few pics

20210306_093208.jpg

20210306_094103.jpg

20210307_093627.jpg

20210305_212035.jpg

20210306_114718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom