OME Steerineg Stabiliser - 30 minute job

I bought the OME steering stabiliser to take up what I felt to be 'slack' in the steering. When driving the steering wheel was prome to wobble when on rough surfaces.

Anyway, as a good mudder, I searched all threads before attempting the job. I was surprised to find so much info on the procedure and was expecting an ordeal.

As it turned out, I didn't need the fancy puller (background) but just the heavy duty tuning fork (foreground). A couple of good whacks with the BFH and the old stabiliser was out. 10 minutes later the job was done.

Was I lucky or was this just the right tool for the job?

Jim:beer:
omestab 001.jpg

Last edited:

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
:cheers: Same method and tool I used. Took about the same time as well :) Reading all the posts like you did figured it could be real PITA, but went smooth as well.

Did not work for me so I used the orange tool to the left ,2 minutes later all done.

Yes. I guess that is the other point of this discussion. The steering is much more solid. It seems the OME stabiliser has done what I hoped it would. Very happy. Quick job - easy job - expense justified

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Website
www.facebook.com
FYOI, FJ60 and FJ80 share the same stabilizer. I used the one from my dead 1983 FJ60 into my 1992 FJ80.:grinpimp:

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Website
www.facebook.com
Pickle fork worked much better than the puller for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom