OME Spring Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys. The rear of my 40 always sits higher than the front even with the hard top and rear doors on. I've read many threads on removing leaf(s) from my OME spring pack but the issue is I don't know what OME (Dakar) springs I have. I read you should remove different springs depending on what spring pack you have. Heavy, medium, light. Can anyone tell me what version I have on my 40? IIRC the previous owner said he put heavier springs in the rear to tow a tent trailer.

Sorry, I though I posted I picture but I guess not. The spring pack has 7 leafs and the bottom leaf is is thicker and shorter. Anyone know if I have the heavy, medium, or light springs? I'll try to get the pic posted. Thanks.

Hi All:

It is hard to say without being able to inspect the spring packs, but I would suggest removing either the 3rd or 4th leaf in the pack from the top (the main leaf sits at the "top" of the spring pack.)

When I say "either the 3rd or 4th leaf from the top" what I mean is which ever of these 2 spring leafs does NOT have a spring clip attached.

Good luck!

Alan

Hi All:

No, that thick-ass bottom leaf is an over-load. It only comes into play when the rig is really loaded-down.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks Alan. Should the bottom thicker and shorter leaf be removed as well?

It is the heavy if the two leafs under the main leaf are identical. To make the heavy rated spring pack OME offered an additional leaf identical to the stock second leaf. If in fact, that is the case, that would be the first leaf to remove. I would only remove one leaf at a time and see how you like the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom