OME spring part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my new Old Man Emu springs and shocks. The part numbers on the coils are ome418 & ome421 I thought they were supposed to be 850 & 863 for a 2.5" heavy lift. Does anybody know if the 418 & 421 part # are 2.5 or are they a 4" lift.

Mickldo said:
Just got my new Old Man Emu springs and shocks. The part numbers on the coils are ome418 & ome421 I thought they were supposed to be 850 & 863 for a 2.5" heavy lift. Does anybody know if the 418 & 421 part # are 2.5 or are they a 4" lift.

Does OME even make 4" coils? Why not call up the vendor?

TY

The springs are definitely 80 springs with OME part # ordered from a ARB dealer but we've all knocked off for the weekend over here in OZ. Maybe it is an OZ only option any OZ mudders know these part #'s?:cheers:

Failing that does anybody know the free length of a set of 2.5" OME heavy springs? The ones I received measure 520mm on the front with 10 wraps and 18mm wire and the rears measure 490mm with 9 wraps and 21mm wire.
A 4" lift would be cool but this is my DD and it has to fit in my carport, comply with DOT regs and I'll need to get panhards, castor correction,etc.

Yeah topend its Friday, POETS day (P155 Off Early Tomorrows Saturday!).:cheers:
I knock off at 3pm on fridays and the ARB shop shuts at 5pm by the time I realized the springs were the wrong? part #'s it was after 6.
The plan was to fit the new springs (that I have been waiting on for 2 weeks) tomorrow morning so the 80 was right to go for the Clean Up Australia Day on Sunday. Our local club is pulling 13 dumped car bodies out of one of our local wheeling spots and I was voted to lead the trip.

fzj80kidpen said:

Thanks for the link. I did a quick search before I originally posted but I was mainly looking for the part #'s on my springs. Now that I have measured the springs and compared them to the link it looks like I might have a set of J springs:confused: I will try to ring my ARB dealer in the morning to double check the #'s.
Time to go search for info on J's to see if they will suit my setup. Unless anybody knows off the top of their head the installed height of J's in a fully loaded 80, also if N73L & N74L shocks are the correct ones?:cheers:

Just did a quick search. I assume the L in my shock #'s refers to "L" shocks and assuming my springs with the funny #'s are "J" springs these should be right :confused:
My 80 is a heavy weight especially after I just fitted the new style ARB twin pivot rear tyre carrier/jerry can rack. That thing weighs a ton by itself let alone all the rest of the junk I have.
Hopefully the weight will compress the "J"s enough to not need castor correction and still be able to get in the carport. Will post up with pics tomorrow if all is well.

can you post pic of the new ARB rear bumper? our will be arriving this month yet, excited about its looks. thanks.

I would imagine you will want the CC

the 863s I got were 19.5 and 19" unloaded.

Mickldo said:
Failing that does anybody know the free length of a set of 2.5" OME heavy springs? The ones I received measure 520mm on the front with 10 wraps and 18mm wire and the rears measure 490mm with 9 wraps and 21mm wire.
A 4" lift would be cool but this is my DD and it has to fit in my carport, comply with DOT regs and I'll need to get panhards, castor correction,etc.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_OME_coils.html

Just got off the phone to my ARB dealer and apparently the OME418 and OME421 part#'s are an australian "competition spring" 75mm lift. I will fit them later on today and see how they go. I'll take some photos of the lift and my rear bar plus some RTI shots before and after on my mates RTI ramp. Then I'll try to get it in for a wheel alignment to measure the castor. My plan for the castor is weld and redrill the holes on the diff housing.

They're in.:D:D:D

The old springs in mine were light duty 2" kings springs and they measured 910mm fr and 950mm rr from the ground to the flare. After fitting the new springs it measured 980mm fr and 965mm rr. So it has increased it by 70mm in the front and only 15mm in the rear. I told you the rear bar weighs a ton. I think I might get some 30mm spacers to level out the stance.

With the back end drooping the castor seems OK at the moment, although it will probably need doing once the spacers go in.

I got the idea from the lcool.com website a while back. The idea is you pull the front control arm bolt out then turn the diff housing around till the castor is right then measure where the new hole needs to go then pull the arm out, weld the old hole up and redrill the new hole.

I'll post some pics up as soon as I resize them.:cheers:

These first two pics compare the flex of the old kit with 2" kings springs, N73/N74E shocks and the new kit with OME418/421 coils, N73L/N74L shocks.

oldlift2.jpg

newlift2.jpg

I'm not sure of the angle of the ramp but the old lift measured 2075mm along the ramp while the new one went 2155mm.

This next one is a good one to show the new ARB rear bar.

rearbar2.jpg
oldlift2.jpg
newlift2.jpg
rearbar2.jpg

Have we all seen this ARB bumper? Unless I missed a report on it can you post a new thread on alone? Lots of pics etc ..

Thanx,

:beer: :beer:

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom