Ome + Rancho 5000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dont think you can go wrong as they are both very high quality suspension components

IMO 5000s are very stiff. I never liked them very much, but I haven't run them on my 80.

ran rs 5000's on my 87 toyota and they were firm, but they lasted for ever. right now im running rs-9000's on the tacoma and love them. i have them set on 3 all the way around.

3 on RS9000 = RS5000 :).

maybe, but the tacoma is alot hevier than my old 87. :beer:

LX_TREME said:
<---- Running JDM '5 spring with Rancho RS9000- 5 ways adjustable very stiff.

Your "very stiff" probably has more to do with very little suspension travel and very little tire/sidewall flex than the quality of the shocks.

I wonder if mixing the two makes sense. Just thinking out loud but as I understand it the OME shocks and springs evolved togther. Did they not?

cruiserdan said:
I wonder if mixing the two makes sense. Just thinking out loud but as I understand it the OME shocks and springs evolved togther. Did they not?

That's the point of buying OME - it is a system (I'm not saying the system is perfect, mind you). 5000's are a major step down. As far as I am concerned, Rancho shocks suck on lifted 4x4's, because they are rebound valving biased (allowing extra compression and harshly controlling the rebound is not what I want in a shock).

There are reasons beyond brand name why some shocks cost $30 and some cost 2 or 3 times that.

Nay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom