OME or Iron Man greaseable shackles and pins on stock leaf springs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried OME or Iron Man greaseable anti-inversion shackles and pins on the original leaf springs? They suppose to fit since they have two pin sizes (15 and 18 mm), but do they work well with original leaf springs, do they have the same length as OEM shackles?

What would you choose between OME and Iron Man if the whole OME kit costed $150 more than Iron Man equivalents? (in my region)

Thank you!

I never tried them on my original springs but I did go with IronMan 4x4 shackles and pins when I upgraded to my OME springs. I went with them because they had recessed the zerk fitting inside a nut so they couldn't be sheared off.

Why didn't you chose anti-inversion shackles? You might not need them for stock springs, but still...
Simply no need for anti-inversion, it’s not possible in my setup. 4” Rough Country front springs are long enough, the rear shackle mounts are moved 1” forward.

Also no need for the stock springs either.

The Iron Man shackle (RH) for 40 series is out of stock until August/September. I ordered this set from Man A Fre Tuesday evening and they showed up in 2 days. The grease fitting is exposed but its removable and replaceable. Could just remove and plug the hole if you bang your shackles against rocks. The whole kit, minus bushings was $150. Fits stock leaf springs and mounts.

20210521_151206.jpg

Last edited:
The Iron Man shackle (RH) for 40 series is out of stock until August/September. I ordered this set from Man A Fre Tuesday evening and they showed up in 2 days. The grease fitting is exposed but its removable and replaceable. Could just remove and plug the hole if you bang your shackles against rocks. The whole kit, minus bushings was $150. Fits stock leaf springs and mounts.

Are all these shackles the same length? That's a really good price for the kit!
stock are 75 mm front / 85 mm rear
OME are 80 mm front / 90 mm rear (GS2/GS1)
IM are 80 mm front / 80 mm rear (348 RH & LH)

Are all these shackles the same length? That's a really good price for the kit!
stock are 75 mm front / 85 mm rear
OME are 80 mm front / 90 mm rear (GS2/GS1)
IM are 80 mm front / 80 mm rear (348 RH & LH)
Stocks are 75 mm (8/80-), 70 mm before. Front and rear are the same, someone is changed your rear ones.

Those which I linked are also made by Karsons (like those Man A Fre’s), they are 80 mm.

Stocks are 75 mm (8/80-), 70 mm before. Front and rear are the same, someone is changed your rear ones.

Those which I linked are also made by Karsons (like those Man A Fre’s), they are 80 mm.
I was not measuring mine, I've seen those numbers in a post form @cruiseroutfit

Last edited:
Are they the same length front / rear? Can you measure them eye to eye? They look like 85 mm (3 1/3"), if the stock ones are 75 mm (3")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom