OME no lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have installed the OME no lift kit on his 80?

How it perform on off road?
It bottom to much?

The stock replacement springs for the 80 are suposed to be stiffer than stock, so they should bottom out less. OME has a reputation of giving a better ride than stock, it should preform well on and off-road (might see less flex, but doubtful). Can you tell us why you're wanting to put this on your Cruiser? Old springs shot? Adding armor? Haul/tow a lot? If you're just looking to replace worn-out stock springs, you might want to go ahead and get the medium or heavy lift. It looks fine with stock size tires and gives you more options later down the road. Good luck and :flipoff2:

what do you recomend?
2.5 inch lift?
Light, medium o HD?

Do you plan on adding armor (bumpers, winch, sliders, lots of cargo) any time in the future? Is yes, then get the 2.5" HD; if no, then get the medium. The light is just that, light..and with even minimal cargo is said to sag a good bit, and wouldn't be enough to hold any kind of armor. The HD isn't too heavy for a DD either, the ones equipped with the 2.5 HD lift rode equally well, or better than the stock 80 I have. If you tell what you're plans are/will be for this rig, we can help you decide what you would want a lot easier...so include any information that you think might be useful, if you don't mind.

Almost everyone I've known to have thrown the OME no lift kit on their 80 has replaced it with the 2.5 not long after.

There's nothing wrong with the no lift kit...but after seeing what most others do, they get bit by the upgrade bug.

What do you plan to do? If you're going off-road much, you should look into one of the 2.5 kits.

clbuff, read NorCalDougg's post carefully because that's exactly what I did. Went with the medium no-lift OME from Christo because I didn't want to screw around with the castor correction and as soon as I started slapping armor on my rig it started sagging. I'm kicking myself in the a$$ now and just ordered the heavy 2.5" lift from Slee. IF your going to add armor I highly recommend you go with some type of lift and spare yourself the financial butt kicking I just took.

I've had the OME861's on the front (by mistake) before, and I can tell you the ride is smoother than OME850's. From what I understand the 861's are supposed to be stock ride height but a little stiffer. I've had the ARB with a winch for some time, and when I went from the 861's to the 850's I got about 3/4 inch additional lift (not kidding - I was pretty disappointed). However, the ride was noticeably stiffer. If I could do it over again I'd get J springs. In fact, while I'm at it...

ANYONE WANNA TRADE ME OR SELL ME SOME 850J'S AND SOME 863J'S ???

*If by some chance someone can help me out with that, I'll be selling my Nitto Terra Grapplers cheap! (295 75/16's) ;)

If anyone is upgrading from their medium no lift OME suspension, let me know. I am interested in upgrading my stock suspension for more weight (ARB etc.). I don't think my 80 will fit thru the garage door with a lift.

97 FZJ80 said:
If anyone is upgrading from their medium no lift OME suspension, let me know. I am interested in upgrading my stock suspension for more weight (ARB etc.). I don't think my 80 will fit thru the garage door with a lift.

That was my problem. Love the OME medium I have. I'm also running Rancho 9000's at setting 6 of 9 (9 being stiffest).

If and when I get a small commuter car and relegate the cruiser to street parking will I upgrage the suspension with a lift. That may depend also on how much wheeling I start doing as well.

97 FZJ80 said:

John,

I'm doing this soon - so if the guy that contacted me a few months ago no longer needs the springs, I'll let you know!

Would anyone from Bay Area, CA (or NorCal group) be available to help installing CC bushings?

Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom