OME new suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this earlier today. I want info! I need some specs!

I"m in, I searched the web for more info, not much out there right now from wheat I could find??? Any guesses on price?

We (dealers) received this announcement a few days ago. I'm not sure exactly what I am allowed to share about these, but I can say we have no pricing or application list, yet. 2nd quarter 2015 is the current scheduled limited release time. If I had to guess, pricing will be in line with other shocks of this type. $1500 - $2000 for a set of front coil overs.

I saw an image that said the Landcruiser 200 would be one of the first vehicles in the USA getting the shocks. Hope that is true!

Might be exactly what I've been holding out for!

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Has ARB manufactured their own shocks in the past? I know they sell shocks. New design, new manufacturing, new challenges. Koni, King and others have proven wares. Which is not to say the new pieces won't be just wonderful. I would say "I'm from Missouri" but it is one one few states I have not lived in. It will prove interesting. Ultimately they will likely succeed. They will be competing with some very smart folks.

Keep us informed.

Wot Chillie said! They are playing catch-up big time and will be up against some smart competition. I'd be surprised if they aren't just rebadging. No problems with that of course so long as the quality is there.

If you look at the details you will see that it is not rebadged shocks. Have not seen the technology for adjustment on any other shock. To bad they announce with no stock or applications to sell. Supposed to get training on these at Sema.

If you look at the details you will see that it is not rebadged shocks. Have not seen the technology for adjustment on any other shock. To bad they announce with no stock or applications to sell. Supposed to get training on these at Sema.

Great. Keep us posted, as I am sure you will be a primary vendor for the new line. :cheers:

Oh boy. These may be cheaper (more attainable for me) than we had thought.

From their youtube comments:

"RRP (Australian east coast metro areas): Shocks $550.00, coil over assembly (includes coil and shock) $845.00. Vehicle specific fit kits additional. Fit kit pricing will be announced once the product becomes available. Best to contact your local ARB store/stockist for further details."

These could be the ticket. I wish we could get some specs though.

What we know:

Front Coil-overs and Rear Struts
Featuring fully adjustable bypass technology
"State of the art materials" (see below)
6061 Aluminum
Front and Rears both have remote reservoirs (wonder if all will have this feature, or if it will be an added pay-for feature like Radflos?)
Independently adjustable rebound and compression
The rears have integrated shock guards (nice touch)

Heres a pretty screen shot I snagged:
Untitled_zps160da61f.png

Last edited:
Featuring fully adjustable bypass technology

if this ^^^^ works as expected .. they have a good chance to move to the front line of the market ..

I wonder if they will bring them out in 2.5 coilovers too? Even with remotes I reckon cruisers are too heavy for 2.0s.

I agree.

Where did you see that they were 2.0"? I haven't seen that. If true, that would seem like a pretty dumb move on ARBs part, as the competition all come in 2.5.

Here are the full specs from ARB:

PRODUCT SPECIFICATION

RACE TECHNOLOGY FOR EVERY DAY APPLICATIONS
BP-51 (Bypass 51mm diameter bore) shock absorbers feature revolutionary, patent pending technology developed to deliver unparalleled on and off road performance for your 4×4.
Developed and extensively tested under the harshest conditions in Australia, these big bore, position sensitive bypass shock absorbers with remote reservoir are designed to bolt onto your vehicle without any vehicle modifications and combine considerable ride comfort around town with significant amounts of end-zone damping for exceptional chassis control and handling off road.
Both rebound and compression damping are easily adjustable, resulting in significant changes to the ride performance of your vehicle, enabling a custom tune to suit the conditions and vehicle set up.
The body, reservoir and components are all made from 6061 T6 aluminum, Type 3 40 micron hard anodized ensuring exceptional heat dissipation, corrosion resistance and resistance to stone damage.
Not only is the BP-51 shock designed, developed and tested entirely by ARB’s team of Old Man Emu ride engineers, all BP-51 shock absorbers are manufactured in-house by ARB. Significant investment has been made in state of the art machinery and hard anodizing equipment, allowing ARB total control of the manufacturing process and ensuring the highest possible quality.

DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
The OME engineers were tasked with a challenge to design a high performance shock absorber for the modern day vehicle. Independent front suspension designs create unique challenges, as they have limited travel and space restrictions to what can be fit within a coil over strut package.
With traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers, achieving exceptional ride quality and the balance between comfort and control tuning requires a compromise with either a slightly firmer controlled set up or softer comfort orientated result.
Bypass technology exists to overcome some of these ride quality challenges. However, a new challenge presents itself as traditional multiple bypass tube products simply won’t fit in the confined space of a independent front suspension or many rear shock absorber locations.
Other areas that had to be considered in development were corrosion, heat dissipation, durability and adjustability for individual ride preferences or vehicle loading scenarios. It was also imperative that the end product easily bolts into a vehicle without modifications to the actual vehicle.
After 4 years of extensive design, development and testing the challenge has been met and it is called the Old Man Emu BP-51 High Performance Bypass Shock Absorber.
FEATURES:

KIDNEY BYPASS PORTS & 51MM BORE DIAMETER:
• Large bore size (51mm, 2.0 inch) & bypass diameter
• Greater oil volume
• More tunable, ability to generate force

INTERNAL BYPASS, SHIM CONTROLLED, POSITION SENSITIVE DAMPING
• Provides comfort at ride height
• Damping increases as you get closer to the end zone
• Increased control at end zones
• Patent pending

EXTERNAL COMPRESSION AND REBOUND ADJUSTMENT:
• Independent adjustment of compression and rebound
• Adjustable while installed on the vehicle
• Ultra wide range to suit ride preferences

VEHICLE SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS:
• No fitting modifications required
• Fit kits included

BODY/RESERVOIR/COMPONENTS 6061 T6 ALUMINIUM:
• Heat dissipation
• Corrosion resistance

TYPE 3 40 MICRON HARD ANODIZED FINISH:
• Corrosion resistance
• Abrasion resistance to stone damage

DASH 6 HIGH TEMPERATURE TEFLON HOSE WITH HIGH FLOW FITTINGS:
• No restriction of oil flow

LARGE TEFLON LINED SPHERICAL BEARINGS:
• Durability

NOTE: Coil over applications only

ADJUSTABLE SPRING PRELOAD / RIDE HEIGHT:
• Cater for varying loads
NOTE: Coil over applications only

HIGH PRESSURE NITROGEN RESERVOIR WITH ALUMINIUM, ANODIZED FLOATING PISTON:
• Increased oil volume
• Maximise travel

IMPACT RESISTANT, REPLACEABLE SHAFT GUARD:
• Protects against stone damage

19MM HARD CHROMED GROUND SHAFT:
• Low friction
• Strength

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
QUALITY OVERSIZED RUBBER BUSHINGS:
• Durability

100% RE-BUILDABLE AND RE-VALVEABLE:
• Longevity
• Tunability

HIGH TEMPERATURE VITON AND TEFLON SEAL PACK:
• Durability of seals

HIGH PERFORMANCE, HIGH VISCOSITY INDEX OIL:
• Durability and consistency of performance

51 MM BORE DIAMETER:
• Greater oil volume
• More tunable, ability to generate more force

1900MPA POLISHED, HIGH STRENGTH, HIGH FATIGUE SHIMS:
• Durability
• Strength

3 YEAR / 60000 KM WARRANTY

Hey guys, does anyone have any updates on release date? Slee, Bjowett? Google coming up empty with just some discussions and ARB cool video :)

I've contacted ARBUSA and then also TRDParts here in Dallas just out of curiosity. I received a reply but no word on a release date. AUS boards seem to show them avail in country in small numbers for the Hilux and 200 as of last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom