OME lift spring, whats final vehicle hight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just ordered a set of OME HD front and rear springs (I believe they are supposed to give 2.5" lift) for my BJ42 and am just wondering what hight my frame is gonna sit at. I'm not sure if this is gonna lower or lift my rig as my rig has never been stock hight since i owned it.

So if some one who has there rig sitting on 33" tires with this lift please measure your frame rail to ground hight front and rear or what would be even better would be axle to frame distance

thanks guys I appreciate it.

Hi All:

The OME 40 Series leaf springs are rated for a nominal 1.5 inches of lift in the front, and 2.25 inches in the rear (over stock height.)

Unless you are carrying a *ton* of weight in the rig, the heavy-load rated springs will be overkill. You will get better wheel travel and ride quality by pulling a leaf or two from each spring pack.

Good luck!

Alan

Hi All:

The OME 40 Series leaf springs are rated for a nominal 1.5 inches of lift in the front, and 2.25 inches in the rear (over stock height.)

Unless you are carrying a *ton* of weight in the rig, the heavy-load rated springs will be overkill. You will get better wheel travel and ride quality by pulling a leaf or two from each spring pack.

Good luck!

Alan

I have the OME Dakar lift and after two years it still seems stiff, any particular leaf to pull. Hijack over.

Well I think the heavys will be fine for me as my tub is a mix of 1/4 & 3/8 checkerplate plus i carry 2 compressors 2 100 pound batteries spare tire and roof rack plus I tow an atv and dirtbike. So how high are your guys frame rails with 33" tires or distance between axle and frame.

Last edited:
You know they weren't bad but now that I moved the batteries to the rear and did alot of towing they are to soft. The front is ok still but the back is sagged. I would just switch the rear but I think the handling characteristics might not be so good.

No the springs I bought were from a local landrover guy who operates out of his west van. House no major name brand. That I know of.

I'm in the process of putting in OME Heavies in my BJ42. I only run stock tires though, but I'll take some measurements for you before and after.

I'll likely have it at the June Coastal Cruisers Meeting if you can make it.

did you order from EBI?? how long did he take to get them in?? yeah thanks if you just measure from axle to frame that will tell me weather I'm gaining or losing lift

It's been a while since I've seen your 42 but at that time the front parabolics looked as tall or taller than OME or Belton sprung trucks, the back maybe not.
On my 40 I run some springs I put together from a selection of used springs, based on early hilux spring packs with some isuzu and ford leafs thrown in. So I can't really help with the height measurements.
If I was doing it over I'd have gone with 60/70 series rear lift springs. Especially on a 42 where you already have the larger hangers and pins. They would require much longer shackles and probably a lengthened driveshaft since they are 2" longer from mount to center pin, about 4" longer overall.

yeah that is in the plans at a later date. I got laid off so I'm only doing what is necessary with out any bells and whistles for now so I can tow my toys up may long weekend. 60 springs will go in when I do the orion box 5 speed and the soa so I only have to do the driveshafts once

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom