OME + Lift Shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Ive currently got the OME HD suspension and 33" BFG MT's, and feel like it needs a little more room under the fenderwells. Any recommendations for us who are considering adding 1-2" lift shackles to the OME system? Any problems or concerns?
Does'nt seem as though it'd mess too much with the castor, etc.
In about 40k miles I'll probably go SOA to keep it interesting...

I am running OME with 2 inch lift shackles and it is fine. You will have plenty of room to clear 33's I am thinking of throwing 35's on mine.

I am running OME with 2 inch lift shackles and it is fine. You will have plenty of room to clear 33's I am thinking of throwing 35's on mine.

Got some pic's?
Ive got plenty of room now for 33's, but it simply doesnt look "lifted" at all. Looks too factory.:grinpimp:

I just got pictures of before the shackles I will try and take a few newer ones. Im thinking of throwing a 2 inch body lift and running 37's and holding it down for the SUA folks.

you will need 3"+ shackles and at least a 2" body lift and trim the crap out of your fenders if you really want to wheel it. I had the above set up with 35" and it would still rub when bound up enough.

No problem on the shackles but you will need 2' to 4' shims to get the castor correct.

you will need 3"+ shackles and at least a 2" body lift and trim the crap out of your fenders if you really want to wheel it. I had the above set up with 35" and it would still rub when bound up enough.

No problem on the shackles but you will need 2' to 4' shims to get the castor correct.

Good to know.
If anyone's got some pic's of an OME lift with 2" shackles please post up. I'll be looking at the 4+ anti inversion lift shackle unless there's a better recommendation.

On my old rig, MAF 4= (2" lift w/ OME setup)
IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

You'll grab rocks on the fronts they are so damn long...
I had caster issues, but I just dealt with it.

So thats a 2" lift shackle with the OME 2-3" lift?
Thanks for the pic! Bet you're missing that one!
Oh, and what size tyres are those?

So thats a 2" lift shackle with the OME 2-3" lift?
Thanks for the pic! Bet you're missing that one!
Oh, and what size tyres are those?

Youv'e got it. Tires were 33x10.50-15's

Are those Toyota rims ? 80's series ?

Are those Toyota rims ? 80's series ?

No, not sure what they were...I had some people ask, but I can't remember what the PO told me they were..???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom