OME lift kit, or DELUXE OME lift kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hey all, I've decided to lift my 40. I want Old Man Emu because I've heard their the best. I found [this site here], and they offer two OME lift kits. Here are the two listed...

OME Suspension: Includes F&R Springs, F&R shocks, F&R bushings, Steering dampener
Deluxe OME Suspension: Includes F&R Springs,F&R shocks, F&R Bushings, Steering dampener, F&R Greasable Shackles, Greaseable Pins, Ubolts

Do you think the Deluxe is worth the extra cash? I appreciate all input! I've never lifted a vehicle before. (other than my 1979 chrysler new yorker... :grinpimp: #ABG)

I bought the deluxe kit from Kurt @cruiseroutfit . My rationale was I didn't have to go find all of the individual pieces and I was supporting a great MUD member.

depends what shape your shackles,pins and u-bolts are in. I had to cut my u-bolts off and pins were fused to the original bushings so it made sense to get a kit with them.

I would definitely get the u-bolts and shackles so that you have new parts to put back in. I had to cut and torch my stuff apart as well.

You will have to determine if the extra cost is worth it. Look at your existing parts and determine if they need to be replaced or you simply want the upgrade. Check out similar parts to see what they offer vs. cost. See if your wallet can afford X vs Y and then select your parts.

When I updated/upgraded my '73 it had Burbank springs, that I installed to lift it, so OME definitely was a ride improvement. Poly bushings need lubing as they make noise as they dry out and lube will prevent the noise as well as extend their life. After investigating greasable shackles and pins I liked the extra protection to the zerk fittings that Iron Man 4X4 provided and selected them. It also meant I didn't have to disassemble things when lube was required. With regard to shocks I wanted ones that I could adjust to fit my weight and driving style so I selected Rancho 9000 shocks. I had other upgrades that I was planning like installing a winch so the ability to adjust things prevented the need to replace later because they no longer worked with my combination of parts. I was willing to spend the time and money to get the pieces I really wanted instead of settling for components that would work but not necessarily be what I really wanted. You need to make this determination for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom