OME lift kit for 1997 fzj80 or lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD

I have a set of OME 2.5" lift spring from a 1997 LX450. The front springs were installed, but never drove on. The rear springs have never been installed (air bags in back). I also have all four OME shocks I'll throw in. The shocks are well used, but still in good, functional condition. They are dirty and have spray paint and road tar on them.

I had these sold locally, but they guy didn't show up.

I'm asking $350 for all four coils and shocks. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Buyer pays shipping, I'll ship anywhere.

PM, call or email me....

sleitch@weboffset.ca
(416)839-2719

Steve

Last edited:
PM sent

Will definately take them if the first offer falls through, I am getting ready to order mine tomorrow from Slee if this falls through.

Thanks - Curt

medium? Heavy?

I will get in line for the lift.
PM me if you haven't sold it.
Do you know what springs they are?
Thanks,
JOE

still waiting to hear if these are the heavy or mediums.

still waiting to hear if these are the heavy or mediums.

Heavy? Medium? I have no clue. There are OME stickers on the coils, one set of coils has the number 863 the other set is 850. Hope that helps.

There is a local guy who is first in line (he phoned me and spoke to me before I got back on here). if he doesn't come tonight @ 7:00pm, dibs go to miked.

if you'll part the shocks, i'll take em. greyhound to bc shouldnt be too expensive...

I'd take those 863 springs... if we can just find a buyer for the front springs it might justify a BC "group purchase".

Anybody heard anything yet? (Miked??) I plan on ordering on Monday so if we hear anything after that everyone can move up one spot on the list.

Curt

PM sent.

To all of you that were interested in this, you lucked out by NOT buying from him . Due to shipping costs being higher than both of us had assumed(we spoke on the phone and figured $100 would do it), he told me he would eat the difference.

I sent the money via paypal and then I hear that when it came time to ship, the costs were even higher than the original quote so.... he withheld the shocks.

I spent $450 for four springs ONLY. He took it upon himself to withhold the shocks because he couldn't eat the high cost of shipping after we agreed that $100 would do it.

So I paid $450 for a set of springs I could have sourced locally for $320 tops.

Lesson learned: new sellers on IH8MUD with a post count of 8 should be avoided.

side note: while researching what a set of these springs should cost, I came across his Ontario craigslist add selling them AND THE SHOCKS for $300.

sigh.

FWIW, and to be fair I have to say that shipping costs were about $260.

This doesn't sound good at all:mad: :mad:

Is he going to work with you or are you stuck?

I hate to say it but I guess I am glad I was second or third in line on this one.

Curt

That sux. Sorry to hear that.

Shipping across the border can be awful sometimes. My advice for future cross-border purchases: avoid using a courier. If you can do it via the post office, it's going to be cheaper and more reliable.

Box up the items first, THEN take them in for a shipping quote. THEN do your deal.

To all of you that were interested in this, you lucked out by NOT buying from him . Due to shipping costs being higher than both of us had assumed(we spoke on the phone and figured $100 would do it), he told me he would eat the difference.

I sent the money via paypal and then I hear that when it came time to ship, the costs were even higher than the original quote so.... he withheld the shocks.

I spent $450 for four springs ONLY. He took it upon himself to withhold the shocks because he couldn't eat the high cost of shipping after we agreed that $100 would do it.

So I paid $450 for a set of springs I could have sourced locally for $320 tops.

Lesson learned: new sellers on IH8MUD with a post count of 8 should be avoided.

side note: while researching what a set of these springs should cost, I came across his Ontario craigslist add selling them AND THE SHOCKS for $300.

sigh.

FWIW, and to be fair I have to say that shipping costs were about $260.

Sorry to hear that. Could he partially return you the money? Maybe $100 or so just to make the deal more fair for both parties.

Have you tried to contact him since?

Sorry to hear that. Could he partially return you the money? Maybe $100 or so just to make the deal more fair for both parties.

Have you tried to contact him since?

No, he has not attempted to contact me at all, and I have already offered him a partial refund to which he has not responded. Instead of trying to contact me, he filed a dispute with Paypal.

The truth about this sale:

1) I had these Coils listed in several forums, including here. I was pointed to this forum by another buyer after he didn't show up to purchase the coils due to financial reasons(he sugested I try here as there would be more people interested. Yes they were listed at a higher price on this US site for several reasons. 1st the added troulbe involved with international sales and 2nd the weaker US dollar.

2) the ad posted here states I am selling 4 coils and also have 4 well used shocks I would throw in.

3) the Ad CLEARLY states buyer is responsible for shipping cost, not 1/2 the shipping cost or 1/3 the shipping cost.

4) During a phone conversation with Mike, he asked how much I figured shipping would be. I GUESSED at least $100 and would get a quote from the store. I took 1 coil and 1 shock to the UPS store for a shipping qoute and told them it would be 4 of each item I had. They said it would cost me $193. Mike was not available that weekend for me to pass the new shipping cost info to (he said he was playing in the desert). I thought about it over the weekend and decided to be a nice guy and eat the difference and ship everything anyway. I took EVERYTHING to the UPS store for final shipping at which point they informed me that they would not be able to ship in one package and there would be additional handling charges bring the shipping cost to $260 for everything. Mike sent me $450, of which PayPal took $20. Subtracting the $260 in shipping would leave me $170 for a mint set of coils MIKE says in his rant I could easly get $320 for. (not even the issue)

5) as the shocks were a throw in, I left them out and sent him a polite message appologizing for the confusion and told him to concat me if he still wished to have the shocks sent to him for the added cost (I WAS STILL EATING $100). I also stated that I doubt it would be worth it to him as they were well used shocks. But none the less, I ASKED him to CONTACT ME if there was a problem. HE DID NOT, he cryed here and filed a dispute with paypal.

6) mike complained in his paypal dispute that he had to pay a $40 brokerage fee. No kidding, I pay that every time I buy anything from the states. That's a cost of doing international business through UPS. He doesn't mention that I have offered to cover this cost as well.

My side note: during our phone conversation, Mike told me he already had the same front coils I was selling and was really only concerened about the rear coils. I honestly did not think that 4 used shocks would cause such a fuss.

Regardless, I asked Mike to contact me if there was a problem. He DID NOT! HE STILL HAS NOT CONTACTED ME WHAT SO EVER!

MIKE YOU HAVE MY CONTACT INFO, I EVEN GAVE YOU A TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL ME AT TO SAVE YOU SOME MONEY. WHY DON'T YOU BE A MAN, PICK UP THE PHONE AND GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SATISFY YOU. But I doubt he will, he wants to keep the coils and dispute the deal with Paypal hoping he will get a free set of springs out of it.

Mike, you are the one who sellers should be aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom