OME Lift Installed!!! Pics and Comments!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

I installed my 2.5" OME Lift this weekend and here are some lame driveway shots.

The ride is MUCH MUCH improved and i thank Christo for making a good suggestion to which kit to get.

The install was VERY easy (i am a 1-2 banana guy and did this SOLO) and i didnt run into any hitches. Hardest part of the whole entire thing was getting the bolts that hold the rear upper shock mount plates back in. On a side note, however designed those upper stud mounts as a shock mounting system is a moron :D

All the springs went it very easy without any problems or special tools. The front shocks went in easy (Upper Drivers Side Mount is Kinda a Bear, But Not Too Bad). Steering damper was a breeze and very noticeable improvement. Front spacers were real easy to install too!

I havent installed the Caster Bushings yet and need to wait to find someone with a press who has done this before. It still drives MUCH nicer then stock!

NOTES:

-Spray all bolts with PB Blaster the night before
-Remove all shocks first before anything else
-See Slees Writeup on his site
-Make sure you got GOOD jackstands!
-Be VERY Careful Of Front Brake Line from frame to axle
-Mr. Gasket spacers are only about 1/2" lift, not 1" as advertised. Once the rig is lowered and the weight is on the rubber, they squish quite a bit
-Once i figure out exactly the height and such i want, if i like the extra 1" up front, i will take out the spacers and use J springs.
-Spacers are worth the $10

Here are some pics:

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

More info on my site too: http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/ome.htm

Next up, tires and sliders!

Sweet. It'll ride stiff for a little while, then it'll start to get comfy.

started mine at 9 this morning, finished at 11....casters didn't get done yet either, but will one night this week...

looks nice!

woody said:
started mine at 9 this morning, finished at 11....casters didn't get done yet either, but will one night this week...

looks nice!

Pretty easy huh?

You doing the casters yourself or bringing them to a shop?

Had to get rid of the fog...
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG

tiorio said:
Had to get rid of the fog...

Did they look too bright to you at first? Is that why you darkened them??

I think my monitor is screwed up because i have had this problem before.

The first set i posted look good to me, the set you posted look way too dark.

I have messed with the setting on my monitor and i think something is screwed up!

Anyone else? Which set looks better?

Boston Mangler said:
Did they look too bright to you at first? Is that why you darkened them??

I think my monitor is screwed up because i have had this problem before.

The first set i posted look good to me, the set you posted look way too dark.

I have messed with the setting on my monitor and i think something is screwed up!

Anyone else? Which set looks better?

Both sets are a bit fuzzy but your originals look a bit over saturated.

parabola said:
Both sets are a bit fuzzy but your originals look a bit over saturated.

Hmmm, i think its time for me to invest in a new monitor (mine is like 7 years old), they looks ok to me on my end and are from a 5 MP Canon, hmmm

How did you "Fix" them?

I was about to say, your camera is overexposing by a couple of stops. Do a search for monitor calibration and you will find out how to calibrate it. If they are looking to dark to you, you need to bump up your contrast and brightness a bit. Most people have them to high, in your case it sounds like to low. If you monitor is really 7 years old, replace it. If you want to do much photo editing, CRT is still the way to go, but for viewing text and standard work, plasma displays are much easier on the eyes.

cary said:
I was about to say, your camera is overexposing by a couple of stops. Do a search for monitor calibration and you will find out how to calibrate it. If they are looking to dark to you, you need to bump up your contrast and brightness a bit. Most people have them to high, in your case it sounds like to low. If you monitor is really 7 years old, replace it. If you want to do much photo editing, CRT is still the way to go, but for viewing text and standard work, plasma displays are much easier on the eyes.

Cool

Thanks

Congrats Boston.

Rig looks real good.

I've got the Mr. Gasket's going in this week, along with swaybar drops, and the caster correction.

You've got PM....;)

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

beno said:
Congrats Boston.

Rig looks real good.

I've got the Mr. Gasket's going in this week, along with swaybar drops, and the caster correction.

You've got PM....;)

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Thanks, what springs are you running? Swaybar is no where near being in contact with the dshaft

Rig looks great.

The first set of phots look cloudy and the second set look perfect to me FWIW

Great job Boston

I used to use a set of steel Dakar ring spacers. Absolutely no trouble at all to install and they gave me an added inch height. If you can't find them, I suggest you have a set made to your liking of aluminum, brass or copper at a nearby machine shop.

To my mind, the next best material would be the poly stuff whose brand I've forgotten. However, that too suffers compression over time, which is why I prefer the metal stuff.

Kalawang

I agree about the pictures, cloudy followed by good. It's hard to get good underside shots anyways. You sure didn't waste any time tearing into your 80. I'm a bit envious. Looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom