OME Lift - Charlotte, NC Looking to return to stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 1995 Land Cruiser that has a 2" OME lift. It was installed 20K miles ago. I am looking to return the truck to stock. The lift was installed by 4 Wheel Parts at a cost of $4,632 on 12/17. The 35" BFG tires are almost like new. I have all documentation from the prior owner regarding the lift installation at 4 Wheel Parts.

Can anyone recommend someone in the area (Charlotte, NC) that can remove the lift and return the truck to stock? Does anyone know what the value of the below lift and tires would be? I am interested in selling the lift / tires once the truck is returned back to stock and run 33" tires.

Below is the information regarding the lift:

OME 2” lift with 850/860 coils
Nitrocharger N71 and N70 shocks
OME steering damper
OME caster correction bushings
ARB front and rear adjustable panhard bars
B.F. Goodrich AT KO2 315/75R16 (35’s) - they have approximately 20k miles on them with lots of tread life left.

I'd say that setup is worth about $1,200 - $1,400 total. It will cost you close to that to have it removed and returned to stock, assuming you have all the stock pieces. The caster bushings will be a problem. You will need to order new caster bushings from Toyota. The shop will need to press out the OME bushings and press OE bushings back in. I have a spare set of control arms that you are welcome to have OE bushings pressed into prior to doing the de-lift. When you return to stock, just give me your control arms. Kind-of a free control arm exchange.

You'd be better off to offer the whole set-up for free (or at least really cheap) to somebody who wants it and has the ability to remove it and return the truck to stock.

Better still, trade off the 315's and run 33's. Leave the lift. It's a good solid budget lift combo and it won't look bad at all with 33's. That's what I would do.

Here are a couple of pics of 80's on 2.5" lifts with 285's (33") tires for your reference. I think they look great.

Last edited:
You would be leagues ahead finding someone that wanted that lift and could trade you stock suspension pieces. The only caveat is they will be 20 yrs old with mileage.

If you order up the stock height replacement springs and OEM tokiko shocks to have on hand i would find an interested party at a fair price and schedule up a wrenching party to do the swap in a long afternoon followed by relaxing when everything goes as planned lol

@fj40z You sure Dick doeant want a lift :)

I think most of that lift is the same with the OME stock height. Springs and bushings are the only difference? You would have to do adjustments on the panhard?

Too bad you're not closer.. I would be interested in doing some trading. I have stock height OME springs and OEM shocks with about 15K on them, 285 Toyo ATs with about 5K on them, and a shop to swap them.

I think most of that lift is the same with the OME stock height. Springs and bushings are the only difference? You would have to do adjustments on the panhard?
The panhards are optional. If returning to stock, either replace with stock ones or shorten the adjustable ones a smidge and rock on. I have the 850J / 863 (taller) springs and stock panhards. The axles are not perfectly centered, but it works okay. That's why I say they are optional.

Another option for the OP (albeit hillbilly) would be to pull the springs and cut a coil off of each one to lower the truck a bit. I've done it before on other cars with zero issues. For example, on this gray Cobra I cut .75 coil from the front and 1 coil from the rear. Stance was damn near perfect IMO and car rode like stock.
S6301146.JPG

Here's the stock terminator stance for reference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom