OME kit installed, axel and CV angle looks terrible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya’ll need some advice here. I ordered the OME lift kit from a local shop here, had them do the install and things are way outta wack with the front suspension. They’re going to call ARB tmrw, but I took a quick pic and am hoping someone knows what’s going on. When I got there they started asking me questions and looked at me like I should know what they did wrong. *sigh*

58F3F51F-53B1-44FB-BD62-E31277C005B2.jpeg

7233863E-D579-4C01-8458-10A0CE21E087.jpeg

*cough* diff drop *cough*

Hahaha, I should have added an additional question. Should the suspension look like this (this extreme) without a diff drop? I know there’s folks on here with the same kit and no drop and no problems. Just looks like the boots will tear the first time I turn the wheel.

Measure front, center of hub to the fender lip. Side view picture can help too.

Hard to tell based just on these pics, but they might have mis-indexed the torsion bars (IIRC, ARB's don't come with index marks from the factory), or just over-cranked the adjustment. In either case it's about a 15 minute fix . . .
In addition to a certain amount of rake (a la @changingground ), the front suspension needs to be adjusted so that your tires will maintain contact with the ground for at least the first 50mm of upward body movement (I've read 70mm in some places, too). If your front tires come off the ground as soon as the frame starts moving up: no good--back off the torsion bar adjustment, re-indexing if necessary.

Torsion bars need to be adjusted...

Lower the front end down which means:

-a couple of turns counterclockwise on the adjusting nut
-or maybe re-index the torsion bar

Easy fix. Make sure the front end of the suspension has 2 inches of downtravel. Also, make sure that front end suspension is settled, a lot of times when the car hasn't moved, and the TBs are in, it will be higher than normal.

Reactions: jLB
Lower the front end down which means:

-a couple of turns counterclockwise on the adjusting nut
-or maybe re-index the torsion bar

Easy fix. Make sure the front end of the suspension has 2 inches of downtravel. Also, make sure that front end suspension is settled, a lot of times when the car hasn't moved, and the TBs are in, it will be higher than normal.
Mine doesn’t look far from this... drives fine but I am 1.5” higher in rear center hub to fender measurement than the front... I also run 35’s at 42psi rear and 29psi front, on highway... I have exact same shocks about 4 years old now and going to upgrade to king coil overs... on any long sharp turn, I just keep rolling towards the turnnlately...
Hope to see your resolution.... mine rips inner cv boot on passenger side with any legit crawling.

Torsion bars need to be adjusted...
The guys at slee Offroad said exact same thing to me... after putting in 2864 rear OME springs it really helped get me back to where I was comfortable... drives great till bout 90mph... then becomes light in the front And wags it’s tail like a Labrador

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom