ome install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I am installing my 88fj OME susp. today and I got her up on stands and go to install drivers side shock but it is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch to short !!! Passenger side is fine , I can't just jack the susp. up that much and hook it up can I ??? If I do that it will damage the shock ! Taller spring pack is on the drivers side as per instructions !
Any suggestions....Cruiseroutfitters you there...hello Kurt !
thanks in advance....Daryl

Last edited:
You may have discovered previous frame damage - measure to be sure you don't.

Remove the shock, bolt the axle to the new spring, attach the spring to the rear mount, & use a floor jack to raise the axle, thereby flattening the spring towards the front shackle. Stick a tapered punch through the shackle bolt hole into the spring eye & pry it forward until you can get the bolt in from the other side. Be careful not to tear the bushing.

With the weight of the truck resting on the springs, you should have plenty of travel in the shock to fit - if its the right shock.

yes right p/n.....I just let the weight of truck compress the spring and hooked it up , springs will probably settle that much so the more I thought about it the less worried I feel .
Thanks , Daryl

Hey Daryl, I just found this thread...

This is common with a new set of springs, they have quite a bit of "extra" lift in them that will settle out, thus the shocks are made to be at their optimum height after this assumed settling.

Hope everything is going well, let me know if you have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom