OME install now suspension crashes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed my OME 2” lift with new torsion bars. The look is great and extra height what I was looking for.
One issue though, the front suspension crashes, like hitting limit of travel, when tires drop off ain’t a pot hole or small drop off. What did I do wrong?
TIA
KR

I installed my OME 2” lift with new torsion bars. The look is great and extra height what I was looking for.
One issue though, the front suspension crashes, like hitting limit of travel, when tires drop off ain’t a pot hole or small drop off. What did I do wrong?
TIA
KR
Drop into. Sorry didn’t proof read.

Ken, it is helpful for us to know what year model your vehicle is (put it in your sig line) and if it is a Land Cruiser or LX470. Had traditional suspension or AHC? That way we know what we are dealing with.

Did your Torsion Bars have index marks on them already or was it left to you to set it?

Ken, it is helpful for us to know what year model your vehicle is (put it in your sig line) and if it is a Land Cruiser or LX470. Had traditional suspension or AHC? That way we know what we are dealing with.

Did your Torsion Bars have index marks on them already or was it left to you to set it?
It’s a 2007 LC, non AHC. The bars had index marks.
thanks.

Any way to get video? Jack up your rig off the diff crossmember and get the tires off the ground. Once the tires are off the ground wiggle the shocks. My lower shock mount bushing failed and whenever I hit a bump it would make a wicked bang.

here’s what mine looked liked

sorry a bit off topic but what size is the nut for the top of the rear shocks? is it 22 like stock?
Now understand, these are independent front suspension. Every time we do a lift, the lower arm is pushed further down making it to travel less downwards. Once you get the full lift, the lower arm aren't gonna travel down any more, so wheel lifts are very common (or hits the max travel limit).

I've owned 3 of these and unfortunately its just the nature of the beast. The shock valving and spring rates/torsion bar rates are designed to handle heavier builds, so if your truck has factory bumpers and not a lot of weight on there, its going to ride a little rough.

here are a couple things you can do to lessen the harshness of it.

- reduce your front height to add more droop/travel. (check the slee slight for some good droop instructions)
-buy trail tailor extended front end links

I've owned 3 of these and unfortunately its just the nature of the beast. The shock valving and spring rates/torsion bar rates are designed to handle heavier builds, so if your truck has factory bumpers and not a lot of weight on there, its going to ride a little rough.

here are a couple things you can do to lessen the harshness of it.

- reduce your front height to add more droop/travel. (check the slee slight for some good droop instructions)
-buy trail tailor extended front end links
@Tanner H is giving you the correct advice...I had the same issue when I lifted my truck.. I raised the front almost level to the rear and I experienced the same thing. I dropped it 1 inch and it rides and handles perfect without suspension issues. If you didn’t add a diff drop keep an eye on your CV boots as mine started leaking after a few hundred miles and it’s a mess to clean. Added diff drop and new boots.

@Tanner H is giving you the correct advice...I had the same issue when I lifted my truck.. I raised the front almost level to the rear and I experienced the same thing. I dropped it 1 inch and it rides and handles perfect without suspension issues. If you didn’t add a diff drop keep an eye on your CV boots as mine started leaking after a few hundred miles and it’s a mess to clean. Added diff drop and new boots.
Thank you everyone for the info. I’ll drop the front about an inch and see. I appreciate you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom