OME / Emu Dakar heavy/heavy kit shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Are the OME Nitrocharger shocks that come with their heavy kit the preferred way to go when installing OME springs and shackles? My 62 is about 70% roads and is also my DD. Just wondering what the favored shocks are for the OME setup. I've heard good things about the Tough Dog shocks but am curious how they compare to OME's shocks. Haven't heard anything much about Rancho or Pro Comp (of which I have a worn out set on my truck now, but worked great when they were new) in recent years.

Bilstein, bilstein, bilstein.
I’m heavy on front and rear and it’s smooooth.

14A52566-C5D2-42D2-89D8-224584ED2413.png

How it sits after 30,000 miles. It took a while for the rear to settle. The back bumper really helped it with the constant load it needed.

The lighter bumper and the heavy springs wasn’t bad with the bilsteins. It was nowhere near the ride of a 2500 truck at all.

8E0D99E6-C62E-4B8D-86DE-2B32C17E41CE.jpeg

That's awesome. I'll be putting a bull bar and winch on the front, along with a second battery, so that'll account for the weight up there. The back will get a 4x4Labs rear with tire carrier and dual jerry can carrier. Debating on whether I want a long range fuel tank or not (I think it'll make fillups just far too painful honestly), but either way I'll be fabbing up a steel skid plate to protect whichever tank I end up with, so there will be plenty weight back there even without cargo.

What model did you use for the rears? I see Summit carries a bunch of different Bilsteins.

I can also vouch that the bilsteins are nice with OME springs (medium springs though & no aftermarket bumpers). Although if I could go back in time, I'd go for a complete Tough Dog kit, Jason has sold me on the beef & ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom