OME deluxe 2.5" suspension kit question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the diff between light, medium, and heavy duty? which is like stock? if I stepped up from whatever is like stock is it goig to be stiff ride?

I run the 2.5" OME with the extra leaf and the HD shocks at all four corners. I have close to 150 lbs on the front (big winch and bumper). I run a 3x5 roof rack and have a 22 gal aux tank. When loaded, I have no complaints about the ride. When the rear tank is close to empty the ride is a little stiff in the rear. However it is still a much nicer ride than the factory setup.

I run the 2.5" OME with the extra leaf and the HD shocks at all four corners. I have close to 150 lbs on the front (big winch and bumper). I run a 3x5 roof rack and have a 22 gal aux tank. When loaded, I have no complaints about the ride. When the rear tank is close to empty the ride is a little stiff in the rear. However it is still a much nicer ride than the factory setup.

One thing I forgot to mention is that my custom rear bumper weighs 125 lbs.

Hi All:

Roberto, how is your FJ40 set-up? Is it "stock" or heavily modified? Hard top or soft top?

Regards,

Alan

Mine is stock with hardtop soon to get a softop from Eshan! I am gathering that carrying extra weight is the deciding factor, makes sense! I dont think I will ever load it down, but I do plan on camping alot in which I bought a CDN M101 trailer, so if anything I might go with medium springs?

Mine is stock with hardtop soon to get a softop from Eshan! I am gathering that carrying extra weight is the deciding factor, makes sense! I dont think I will ever load it down, but I do plan on camping alot in which I bought a CDN M101 trailer, so if anything I might go with medium springs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom