OME Dakaar Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered the Dakar kit and was sent the standard kit instead. Leads me to believe that ARB is treating them as the same thing. Food for thought.

To me that could mean a few things:

1. They are crap
2. They ran out because they are crap
3. They make all thier springs overseas and they are all the same

I think you are going allong the line of 1&2 no?

Thanks

I've been told from ARB dealer here in Australia that the Dakkar spring is made in Malayasia. AS their stocks of the Australian made springs are reduced with ppl buying them, they will no longer by replacing them. Having said that, the OME Dakkar and Delton spring come fromt he same factory.... food for thought.

Why dont you use the magic search button; this has been covered many a time in detail.

Fearnofish! said:
I ordered the Dakar kit and was sent the standard kit instead. Leads me to believe that ARB is treating them as the same thing. Food for thought.

Most likely because ARB discounted the price on all the remaining original OME springs to get them out of the wharehouse... ;)

FJ60-Hokie said:
To me that could mean a few things:

1. They are crap
2. They ran out because they are crap
3. They make all thier springs overseas and they are all the same

I think you are going allong the line of 1&2 no?

Thanks

1. Nope, they are great...
2. Nope, they have TONS of them...
3. Nope, the Australlian made and Malaysian made ones definetly have some minor differences in fit and finish.

ARB has 80+ of each Dakkar Cruiser leaf spring in stock, they now have ZERO of most OME springs...

FJ60-Hokie said:
Wow David. Touchy Touchy.

Thanks soo much for that insight. :crybaby:

I don't think your sarcasm will help you promote new business. I would think that keeping your comments to yourself will make you and your business better off in the future.

Keep the helpful information coming all.......

:cheers:

You know I love doing business at URBANLANDCRUISERS.
And "hokie" Take your 60, your 12 post and your BLAH, BLAH, BLAH some where else.

devo

When I ordered Dakar front springs I received OME. Problem was they ordered medium duty instead of heavy duty. When the HD turned up they were Dakars. BTW, that's in Aus. Not sure why the two get mixed up?

I second Devo.

Hokie.

If anyone wanted your rook ass opinion, we'd ask for it.
If you are going to post crap go buy a heep

Oh, and to add to this forum.

I'm going with Dakars when I can afford them. WHY? Because David Dearborn recommends them. :flipoff2:

How 'bout an apology, Hokie!

If you can't find it in your heart, I recommend that MikeS disconnects you.

FJ60-Hokie said:

Thanks soo much for that insight. :crybaby:

I don't think your sarcasm will help you promote new business. I would think that keeping your comments to yourself will make you and your business better off in the future.

Keep the helpful information coming all.......

:cheers:

Hey Tard, There was no sarcasm intended. The magic search button will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the Dakar springs. It has been covered in detail many times. Maybe you should read up on the original posts then ask questions based on what info you did not get from those posts.

Trust me I am not trying to promote the business. I answer the questions when/where I can. I could give a s*** if you buy Dakars or, if you do buy them, if you buy them from me.

I heard JT has some rocking deals on Pinnacles; give Joe a call.

Hey guys I am just lookin for some good advise for my TRUCK.

Not trying to step on anybodys toes.

Lets get back to talking shop if you please.

FJ60-Hokie said:

I think you are touchy touchy.. It is obvious you didn't search before posting this thread.

Order some Dakaar springs and enjoy your new cruiser. Just take the advice the search function works great. It is crazy how much information is building up on this list about cruisers.

Awesome.. got to love the internet... and cruisers... :grinpimp:

they are great. Have them on mine. Got them from Dave. Get em on yours. Delete this thread and charge it to the game.

hmmmm.... yeah.... pinnacle's :rolleyes:

The search feature is my BEST friend.

I just installed the OME Dakkar kit on my FJ60 and believe I was one of the first to receive the kit. I waited for a few months until it was available and it drop shipped from ARB (OME distributor) to 4WheelParts. Much more economical than the standard OME kit.

The leaf springs are supposedly made in Malaysia as others have mentioned at the same foundry/plant where Toyota and other Asian car companies have their springs made. I was pitched on same quality and metalurgy tests but simply cheaper labor/manufacturing costs in Malaysia.

My FJ60 rides a ton better than the stock 125K mile springs/31's and now the new 2" lift with 33x12.5"s. Pretty easy install too. I got the medium duty setup for occassional towing with upgraded greasable shackles/Ubolts/bushings/OME shocks.
Mine does have a slight rake to it as others have mentioned.... I like it.

-Mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom