OME D1XL and D2XL PLACEMENT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone

I just bought the add a leafs for the front and rear because my cruiser is leaning about 3/4 inch on both the front and rear pass side.

My question is where exactly do I place the add a leafs. My commonsense thinking is that I place them where the length isn’t longer or shorter than the one below or above but I just want to make sure if there was an exact spot. I have the CS003F up front andrhe CS017R in the rear

You got it!
I put mine under the military wrap leaf.
Here’s a pic of front:

462288B4-234C-44D6-9AA9-D8117D675C04.jpeg

1B035143-2827-4605-9FC5-23932C64470C.jpeg

I am having some issues with installing a D1XL extra leaf to a CS003F front kit on my 1988 FJ62.
Basically it is longer than the 3rd and smaller than the 2nd so assume it should ho there... but when installing it, it is shorter in the back and longer in front....
i am currently traveling so only could see the video and the mechanic installing it simply doesn’t know what to do... attaching a video in spanish but which should be self explanatory
Will appreciate your ideas/help
Cheers

FD9E2143-3FB4-4B5B-8F90-5AABBC86C326.gif

94539870-7D65-48BE-B90E-86AB3AB4A571.gif

It looks like the leaf needs to be rotated 180 degrees. The pin that goes through all the leaves is offset, not dead in the center.

HTH

It looks like the leaf needs to be rotated 180 degrees. The pin that goes through all the leaves is offset, not dead in the center.

HTH

They tried but it is even worse...
the pin is offset indeed but the hole is done from factory... wondering if there is a factory error on either the original kit or the extra leaf...

Looks like an error placing the hole. Adding an OME leaf to an OME spring should perfectly match the next to longest spring, the one next to the one with the spring eyes. BigBlue's pictures are what it should look like.

Looks like an error placing the hole. Adding an OME leaf to an OME spring should perfectly match the next to longest spring, the one next to the one with the spring eyes. BigBlue's pictures are what it should look like.

Thanks. So you think a factory error like that is possible on an OME item? Never heard something like that but probably it is the case as cannot imagine another reason....

But CS003F and D1XL are for the front, no?
Very strange...
That’s correct on paper, but they could be labeled incorrectly.
I would imagine mislabeling it would be an easier mistake to make than making the center hole in the wrong place.

The D1XL s I got @cruiseroutfit fit nice and easy on the front of my 89, no confusion.

That’s correct on paper, but they could be labeled incorrectly.
I would imagine mislabeling it would be an easier mistake to make than making the center hole in the wrong place.

The D1XL s I got @cruiseroutfit fit nice and easy on the front of my 89, no confusion.
Thanks. It might be indeed... which would be very disappointing to say the least for a suspension kit of that price...
And will be difficult to xcheck now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom