OME BP 51 install/shock eye/mount alignment issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a replacement front Right coil overOld Man Emu BP 51 shock assembly off of Ebay to replace the broken one on my 2012 Tacoma. when I received the new shock it looked to be in brand new condition so i removed my old broken one but when i went to install the new BP 51 I realized the the upper and Lower Shock mounts (ball joints?) do not line up. the upper and lower Eyes of the shock are about 80* off from each other, almost perpendicular instead of parallel. Could this have happened from adjusting preload and allowing the shaft to rotate inside of the cylinder? Can I fix this and rotate the Lower shock eye to align with the upper eye, or will this damage my shock assembly? I was working on the truck on Friday evening so now I have to wait until Monday morning to be able to call a shop or OME support for answers.

20201003_104150.jpg

20200925_171155.jpg

20201003_104232.jpg

also trying to decide what fog lights to put in that bumper next to the blinker/running light that is currently removed. thinking id like to go with an orange/amber LED, any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom