OME Add a Leaf - who has done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSA

Threads
I've never been happy with the amount of lift in the front from my OME light-medium kit. I'm beginning to think that the extra weight of the automatic tranny in my 62 calls for more spring.

Has anyone used the OME add a leaf to make a medium spring pack out of a light spring pack? If so, did it improve the ride height?

i've been so many conflicting installation instructions regarding add-a-leafs, especially concerning
the "d" ring holding the existing leafs together, and wether the ring would accept another leaf.
the PO put on some aftermarket springs on my truck, so i cant even say whos springs i have, when i talk to the add-a-leafs vendors.
i decided to go with an extended shackle, hoping to cure my rear end sag.
I guess it helpos to know whos spring you have

my 2cents
hammer

the OME springs are set up different than any other after market spring.in that they accept the extra leaf with out any issues.
I had OME mediums front and rear and i too did not like the lack of lift. especially after I added an arb bumper and 12k winch on the front.I took my springs off and added the heavy add a leaf(which is just and extra #2 leaf) on all 4 cornersthe truck went up almost and inchin the front but has since settled down a bit in the front most likley due to the amount of extra weight i have up front if you are not runing a winch dual bats and a heavy front bumper I am sure you will get the extra 1". the rear has stayed up though even though i have a heavy bumper with a 35" tire on the back. Iwhile I wanted the extra lift the I was please by the nicer ride out of the front end. it feels much more responsive now. jusry is still out on the rear spings it feels great when i tow my trailr so I will prolly keep them in.
Jason

Chris,
What Jason says other than there are two different add-a-leafs that OME offers - the 110XL and 11XL - to make a light spring a medium and then a heavy. Check the files section of the 3FE list for a folder called OME spring rates for all the straight poop.

Last edited:
I made my front meduims into heavies with the OME leafs, VERY happy.

Chris, you have already heard my input...

For the record, it really isn't an "add a leaf" by the regular standards, rather an extra leaf to convert the spring into a higher spring rate. When I picture add-a-leafs I think of worn out spring packs and a 1/2" thich spring wedged into the pack... ;)

PS, plenty of options with OME springs:

Light + 11XL = Medium
Medium + 11XL = Heavy
Light + 110XL = Somewhere between Medium and Heavy
Medium + 110XL = Somewhere between Heavy and Ex. Heavy
Heavy + 110XL = Extra Heavy

Med-heavy

I went with the med-heavy spring to start with - not so much for the extra lift, but beacuse I use mine as a survey rig and end up carrying a good 250-350 lbs of crap with me everywhere - plus I have 1/4" steel homemade (read 75lbs each) bumpers on either end (plus a 50lb spare tire carrier. It has worked perfectly to date- smooth and handles well on and off road, and it doesn't beat you to death.

FJ62

cruiseroutfit said:
Chris, you have already heard my input...

For the record, it really isn't an "add a leaf" by the regular standards, rather an extra leaf to convert the spring into a higher spring rate. When I picture add-a-leafs I think of worn out spring packs and a 1/2" thich spring wedged into the pack... ;)

Kurt, I never doubted you for a moment. I just wanted to see if anyone has had the same or similar experience as me with the light front springs and how it worked out for them. I'll be calling you tomorrow to put an order together.

CSA said:
Kurt, I never doubted you for a moment. I just wanted to see if anyone has had the same or similar experience as me with the light front springs and how it worked out for them. I'll be calling you tomorrow to put an order together.

Got your message... calling you shortly! :D

I put OME additional leavs all around on my MAF lift. Love it.

So, this leaf can be used on the new Dakar lifts? I'm just wondering because since all the OZ-made springs are no longer available, I still need the load carrying capacity of the Heavy (diesel-spec) springs. Are the Dakar springs just as capable?

I know that, but I'm trying to find out is if the Dakar CS005 series would equal the OME (OZ-Made) OME1131 rear springs... or is it possible to make the Dakar springs even equal the OME11311 springs?

hks3sgte said:
I know that, but I'm trying to find out is if the Dakar CS005 series would equal the OME (OZ-Made) OME1131 rear springs... or is it possible to make the Dakar springs even equal the OME11311 springs?

Suggest you call ARB in Seattle - they'll know the answer.

hks3sgte said:

CS003F = OME110
CS004F = OME11
CC005F = OME111
CS017R = OME221
CS004R = OME113
CS005R = OME1131

That help? :D

perfect! Do you sell the CS005F/R? I don't see it in your site... also, are the Modular Leafs still for sale? (110xl, 113xl)

hks3sgte said:
perfect! Do you sell the CS005F/R? I don't see it in your site... also, are the Modular Leafs still for sale? (110xl, 113xl)

Its not on my site because ARB/OME doesn't really offer it, they sell you the CS004F/R and you add the 11/110XL & 113XL ;)

So yes, the modular leafs are still available... in fact CSA should have his by now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom