OME 2863 VS 2864 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

30mm trim packer (or 1.25") added to your 863's, so in theory with out the 30mm trim packer you'd be at 22" ?

30mm trim packer (or 1.25") added to your 863's, so in theory with out the 30mm trim packer you'd be at 22" ?
I guess 1.25” I’d be at 22.75. I just measured it’s 24” and I do have the trim packers in.

Thanks man :cheers:-

2863J might be worth a look

Ended up pulling the trigger on 864's-

With my set up-the static weight on the rear axle is roughly +400 to 450lbs over stock that before filling my drawers with recovery equipment and tools, or the added crap that we travel with. Hopefully its not too stiff. I'll report back on ride quality and final measurements.

Did i miss it? What shocks are you going to use with them? I am loaded same as you. I dont know exactly which springs i have but am guessing 864s. Very rough ride back there but i have garbage nitros. Really would like the new remote bilsteins.

Ill add i did just put on TT extended rear links and it helped the tiniest bit. All new bushings too. It rolls a bit more now though. But tradeoffs for everything

Im running IM Foam Cell Pro's

Well you are a step ahead already then. Winters coming so the tent and fridge are coming out soon so it will only get rougher. We’ll see how it rides after new front end parts alignment

I have been running 2863 for years but after adding drawers the LC is sagging a little bit . I tried 2866 (progressive.. I think) and it feels great without load almost close to stock ride.
The spring rate is a key player here..the minute you cross the spring load rate the rear hight goes down 1 inch and so on..

At the end of the day it’s trial and error..

The shocks are also a factor.

Last edited:
2866 is an interesting choice as it's a progressive/variable rate spring, but the free height is 25mm (1 inch) lower than 2863. What are your rear height measurements?

Yesterday I swapped in 2864's and removed Ironman Toy13B w/approx 30k miles on them. Same reported free height (when new) between the two but the 2864 initially has significantly higher static measurement compared to the 13B's just removed. With out any added trim packers-(just the stock protector) rear measured height is now 24.125" left & right which is 1.25" to 1.5" taller than it was before- that's a substantial difference due primarily to spring rate. Jury is out on the ride. Still dialing in the adj. track bar (pan hard) to center rear axle. The ride is certainly different; can't say if its good or bad yet in the few miles I've driven it. Not as much compression on bumps. We'll see how much the springs settle over the next few weeks and months. Stoked to have an additional inch + of departure clearance- could have used that a couple of months ago.

My current hight:
Rear about 21.5 inch (auxiliary tank almost empty)
Front 20.5 inch

May add spacer to 2863 to help with sag/or go with 2864. As for 2866, it’s not going to help if you have load.

With 2864, add 320+ lbs and rear should go down 1 inch. I 🤔

Interesting thread

My current hight:
Rear about 21.5 inch (auxiliary tank almost empty)
Front 20.5 inch

May add spacer to 2863 to help with sag/or go with 2864. As for 2866, it’s not going to help if you have load.

With 2864, add 320+ lbs and rear should go down 1 inch. I 🤔

Interesting thread
I don't think you'll drop an inch with 2864 with out roof top tent and expo rack and bunch more stuff hanging off the back.

I have constant load approaching 600lbs, just the weight over my rear axle: Empty Drawers 110#, BIOR bumper w/swing outs & tire carrier, sliders 350#, Sliders 90#(60% f 150), Slee Belly pan 55# (60% of 90), Fridge 60#, 2nd row platform 40#, tools and recovery 90#= 795lbs Subtract removed second row seats: 135#, Subtract removed 3rd row seats guessing 90#; Net 570lbs +/-. Also- I read any weight past the rear axle- things mounted on back of truck is 1.25x weight over the axle. Doesn't seem the 2864's have flinched at my weight distribution based on initial measurements.

I don't think you'll drop an inch with 2864 with out roof top tent and expo rack and bunch more stuff hanging off the back.

I have constant load approaching 600lbs, just the weight over my rear axle: Empty Drawers 110#, BIOR bumper w/swing outs & tire carrier, sliders 350#, Sliders 90#(60% f 150), Slee Belly pan 55# (60% of 90), Fridge 60#, 2nd row platform 40#, tools and recovery 90#= 795lbs Subtract removed second row seats: 135#, Subtract removed 3rd row seats guessing 90#; Net 570lbs +/-. Also- I read any weight past the rear axle- things mounted on back of truck is 1.25x weight over the axle. Doesn't seem the 2864's have flinched at my weight distribution based on initial measurements.
I see your point about load distribution.

Throwing this out there..... not scientific at all, but just some pictures since my Cruiser is now dead. RIP

I had the 2864 springs on my fully loaded 100. Had sliders, front Slee bumper, rear Slee bumper, drawers, 2nd battery, Foxwing awning, roof rack, and RTT. Riding on 285/75/16 Duratracs.

Here is a picture of how it sat.
full

When my Cruiser got wrecked we pulled off: Roof rack, awning, RTT, sliders, rear bumper, and drawers.

Pics before and after we pulled everything.
full

full

Throwing this out there..... not scientific at all, but just some pictures since my Cruiser is now dead. RIP

I had the 2864 springs on my fully loaded 100. Had sliders, front Slee bumper, rear Slee bumper, drawers, 2nd battery, Foxwing awning, roof rack, and RTT. Riding on 285/75/16 Duratracs.

Here is a picture of how it sat.

When my Cruiser got wrecked we pulled off: Roof rack, awning, RTT, sliders, rear bumper, and drawers.

Pics before and after we pulled everything.
😰 Not a picture any of us like to see- sorry man.

😰 Not a picture any of us like to see- sorry man.
It's all good for the most part. Walked away with only a bruise. Insurance paid me close to what I wanted.... and more importantly I already bought a replacement 100.

I think I am going to go with OME Torsion bars, OME 2864 springs, Ironman Foam Pros, SPC UCAs, Slee diff drop, and extended sway bar links.

It's all good for the most part. Walked away with only a bruise. Insurance paid me close to what I wanted.... and more importantly I already bought a replacement 100.

I think I am going to go with OME Torsion bars, OME 2864 springs, Ironman Foam Pros, SPC UCAs, Slee diff drop, and extended sway bar links.
If they are available, I would take a look at Toughdog foamcell adjustable on the rear. Ive noticed that with the stiffness of the 2864 with my foamcell pros seem to lack a little rebound which makes it a little twitchy/rolly. I attribute that to not enough shock rebound valving. With the TD I think you can dial in the rebound.

Hit some FS roads and crawled around and flexed it a little this weekend to break in the springs. Very much liking the 864's. Much more compliant than I expected. Ride quality is good- not harsh, and hwy speeds are plush. Even with 550-600lbs constant weight- most of which is over the rear axles- I'm right a 24.250" hub center to fender edge in the back. It's little stinkbuggy - but loaded with travel gear it may settle a tad more. I think I need some taller rubber now.

Current measurements

Rear: 24.250" Left & Right
Front: 21.750/625" Left & Right

IMG_4728.jpeg

If anyone in Socal wants a pair of 864's, I have some sitting around. Not really worth it to ship, so pick up only. Under 8k miles on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom