OME 2.5" lift spring help Real time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got the lift, no instructions. Which side does the "A" spring go on? DS? or PS? I assume it's the same for the front and back?

Yes. I've searched. ARB says driver side for US vehicle and Slee's instructions say passenger side. I'm leaning toward Slee's info. If you are not 100% sure please refrain from responding. Thanks in advance.

A spring is drivers side

I installed mine according to Slee's instructions, and it worked out fine for me.

According to Slee:
"Lately some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side. "

Good luck

I installed mine according to Slee's instructions, and it worked out fine for me.

According to Slee:
"Lately some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side. "

Good luck

I am ordering my lift on Monday and I have also read the instructions on Slee's site. Something doesn't make sense to me. If "A" is for the Aussi Driver side, right side, wouldn't it be for the US driver side, left side? Isn't the purpose of the longer spring to compensate for the regular weight on the DS? Or is there more weight in the vehicle on the rt side?

Just curious.

:cheers:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Each person has their own theory. More weight on driver side / or passenger side. What gives? Someone should know what is right. How do we know for sure?

I don't believe it has anything to do with passenger weight, but has to do with distance from offset differential.

So, OME A spring goes closest to differential and B goes furthest.

I believe Jcarter took the cake with that one, I was thinking it goes on the side that the differentail is on to compensate for it.

I really appreciate all the helpful input but it still sounds like noone knows for sure what side the "A" springs go on and why.

Any more thoughts?

All four springs are a different hieght. If you put them on level ground you will see. The taller springs go on the side your steering wheel is on. All 80 series front axles have the diff on the US passenger side.

I always assumed that because of the offset diff and the tapering of the housing, the spring lower plate on the side closer to the diff is likely higher than on the other side, so it needs the shorter spring. Then again, I never measured it.

Forget the alphabet soup, go with Long and Short...

I just ordered my lift from slee this AM. I asked this question specifically.

Forget about DS vs PS. Think in terms or rt side and lt side. It doesn't mater what side the driver is sitting on. RT side is RT side in rooville, hooville or yourville. I was also told that when all else fails match the tall springs with the tall and short with short. Stocks are 10mm taller on one side.

I feel better now.:grinpimp:

Stocks are 10mm taller on one side.

Which side is longer? I put mine in IAW Slee's instructions but my old springs were the same height. 200k on them may have done that though.

I really appreciate all the helpful input but it still sounds like noone knows for sure what side the "A" springs go on and why.

Any more thoughts?

Yes, one thought comes to mind. Call the company that sold you the springs and ask them. :rolleyes:

The correct answer is: Long spring on the front replaced by new long front spring. Long spring on the rear replaced by new long rear spring. You will find that both "long" springs are on the left side of the vehicle.

-B-

As you're sitting in it or facing it?
Just kidding B - :flipoff2:

As you are facing the driver door. This works whether you are facing a UK spec, Aussie spec, or US spec. It also works for LHD and RHD vehicles. They even use this method in Japan where the vehicles were built.

Nothing could be easier. Even a cave man can do it. :D

-B-

So in reading this, if I have a RHD unit I should have the longer spring on the right hand side(drivers side)? Is that correct?

My suspension just arrived, my truck is still about 3 weeks away but I want to get it in as soon as it gets here.

Good post, it would be nice to have this straight.

-JK

As you are sitting in the vehicle facing forward, B goes on the left and A goes on the right no matter if it is LH drive or RH drive.

So in reading this, if I have a RHD unit I should have the longer spring on the right hand side(drivers side)? Is that correct?

My suspension just arrived, my truck is still about 3 weeks away but I want to get it in as soon as it gets here.

Good post, it would be nice to have this straight.

-JK

Don't worry about RHD vs LHD. When you pull your springs mark which side they cam off and measure them. One should be longer than the other. Replace with similar different new springs. If you read the directions on Slees site it is A for Rt and B for Lt.

Now the real question is: these springs are made in Australia, do we mount them upside down to maintain propper orientation?:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom