OME 2.5” Lift - Anti Inversion Shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
Which direction do the anti-inversion shackles go?

Red or Blue?

659-C7-A1-C-8-D68-4-FC4-BBE0-2355-F6-EECCCC.jpg

70-D1-B293-BD10-4-F21-A09-C-F25-D3545-C1-CD.jpg

Photo is taken on front passenger side.

Last edited:
Red direction.

Make sure the arrrow on the new ome springs point at the pivot side, not the shackle side.

Are you confident about that? I thought the arrows point to the front of the truck?

I didn't know what those arrows were for. I just went by the center pin that isn't centered. Get it wrong and your drive shaft won't be long enough.

I didn't know what those arrows were for. I just went by the center pin that isn't centered. Get it wrong and your drive shaft won't be long enough.

Basically, just measure where the “long” and “short” sides of the leaves are in relation to the axle.

Arrows point to the fixed end of the leaf ie the spring pin. You can read more here: Cruiser Outfitters

@cruiseroutfit

I have mixed up the inversion shackles. Which go in the front? The “long” anti-inversion shackles? Or the “short” shackles?

732-EA03-F-279-A-468-F-918-A-1-FDEA53-CB7-AE.jpg

In other words, do I have this installed correctly?

Never mind. I figured it out from another Cruiser Outfitters/Kurt post.

I have them installed backwards/incorrectly in the picture above.

Short = Front

Long = Rear

Thanks!

You need some this kind of tap:
90564B96-1102-4007-BCB1-E14421C2AB88.jpeg

Anybody know the torque value for the U-bolts?

Factory spec on anything not called out by Old Man Emu. Go 90 ft-lbs, re-torque after ~500 miles

Factory spec on anything not called out by Old Man Emu. Go 90 ft-lbs, re-torque after ~500 miles

View attachment 2024557

Thanks so much! I torqued to 90 ft-lbs this afternoon. I'll double check everything tomorrow, and then again at 500 miles.

I also received my knuckle rebuild kit, birfs, and new Aisin hubs today. Thanks Cruiser Outfitters!!!

Thanks!

Also, what type of grease do you prefer to use? OME calls for lithium grease. Amsoil lithium?

Lock-N-Lube with a tube of TRC Paragon 3000 for the win!

The above is my choice, but seems there's endless varieties of grease in which you can use...... For some extra curricular reading on grease, -> Chewbacca's Birfield Grease Guide <- :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom