OME 2.5 heavy with bushing work or OME heavy 3J w/ drop bracket, Which is best? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

geologic

SILVER Star
Threads
Slee heavy 2.5 OME vs. Manafree heavy 3J OME lift kits. Slee's is made as a kit by OME. Manafree's is put together with their drop bracket instead of OME's bushing offset. I am planning on Slee front and rear bumpers. I'm old and want the truck to ride and handle good on the road. Which on of these kits should I use? Should I go with the medium springs?:meh::confused:

do you take the truck off road alot? or is it mostly on pavement with a bit of gravel roads and light wheeling?
do you have a heavy bumper/winch, or tire carrier/bumper, is it already a heavy vehicle?

There are a few threads on this sort of thing... If you have a look in the frequently asked questions FAQ and try a few different searches you should find a little more info.

But it might help to know a little more about your cruiser first.
By the way welcome to the forum!! How about an intro?

Thanks for the response, my ride is a stock 97 lx450 as is, not much to take a picture of yet, I,ve read the threads but wanted to see if there where any major opinions out there on one way vs. the other, probably will do the suspension before the bumpers(Slee front and rear heavy), otherwise stock with the sagging Lexus springs. I wanted to see if someone out there has experienced both ways and which one drives and rides better.

SEARCH and FAQ's is your friend and it doesnt look like yall have met yet

It is argued that the lift with the best road manners is the FOR (frankiesoffroad.com) lift. If nothing else, the info on their page is very informative.

Lift choice confusion, read it all but can't decide! Help

I'm 46 and have a slight lower back issue. I like an easy ride but want to run 33's with some clearance for Mississippi mud. I ride 2 hours on the highway to get to the mud so I need excellent road manners. What lift and what brand? I've looked at Fankie's and OME products and read it all but can't decide. Im installilng Slee front and rear bumpers with winch.

FOR from what I have read will give you a better ride than the OME.

I'm 46 and have a slight lower back issue. I like an easy ride but want to run 33's with some clearance for Mississippi mud. I ride 2 hours on the highway to get to the mud so I need excellent road manners. What lift and what brand? I've looked at Fankie's and OME products and read it all but can't decide. Im installilng Slee front and rear bumpers with winch.

I have the OME 850J up front and 863 rear springs in the back and the ride is much better than the saggy Lexus springs. I have the Slee caster plates with Toyota bushings and the steering is perfect, no wobble. I also run 295 75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers which are about 33.2. IMO, the road manners is excellent with this combo, but ymmv. Oh and the shocks are N73L front and N74E in the back.

I have a second truck that will get built up for more of a touring truck than an offroader.

I'm planning on 33" tires and light accessories. I'll be getting the FOR suspension for this truck as well. In my case I don't want the 3.5" of lift but do want the ride quality. What is nice about these springs is that you can cut them down to soot the lift you want without sacrificing any ride characteristics. FOR can also supply shorter shocks if the springs become uncaptured at full droop.

I'll be loading the truck up then taking some measurements and going with a 2" or so lift. I bought some nice rubber offset bushings in the 3* variety as I won't need anything more for caster.

You can get exactly what you want going this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom