Ome-110 ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this has been pounded into our heads over and over but I searched and couldn't find my specific info..................

I got a set of OME springs from my local 'Off Road House of Wares',
mostly because our company has a charge account with them and I can defer payments a little.........

So I call him and say I need springs for my FJ60 and he sez 'we can get OME'

Cool! I tell him I want the light ones as I don't have bumpers, winches etc.
He sez he'll call me back with the info..........

Calls me back in a couple of days and sez he has my springs............

Cool!

I pick em up and get em home and look at em later(I'm gonna try it this weekend)

And what I got is ...............

Rear are definitely Dakkars(sticker) 0017RA and 0017RB
Fronts are OME-110

What the heck did I get????

jefferson-mo said:
Rear are definitely Dakkars(sticker) 0017RA and 0017RB
Fronts are OME-110

What the heck did I get????

Light Fronts (OME 110 / Dakar CS003F)
Stock/Light Rears (OME 221A/B / Dakar CS017RA/B)

So assuming your not running bumpers, trailers, roof racks, winches, etc... Perfect springs.

Thank You!

You're a God!

(don't you ever work?)

(or is this part of your job?)

jefferson-mo said:
...(don't you ever work?)

(or is this part of your job?)

Part of my job... I spent about half my day in front of the computer working on invoices, billing, and emails... the rest is out in the shop or school (alot of my emails/forums are while I am in class ;))

:D

If it is not too late, I might recommend reconsidering the light OME setup. Few survive the Cruiser addiction without eventually succumbing to bumpers, winches, etc. The OME mediums are not uncomfortable without those things (plus, you can upgrade them to OME heavies some day if you want to for some reason).

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Also with these springs should I expect to use longer brake lines?

Longer than stock shocks?

I don't know about brake lines, but without longer than stock shocks you will not get the lift advertised nor the flex you'll be wanting. Plus if you run stock shocks topped out all of the time (from lifted springs) you'll blow them out very quickly.

Yeah Thanks Doc............I've actually already installed these this weekend but I had to sueeze the suspension down to even install the shocks so they're absolutelty topped out. I think it's my Ebay shackles that are doing it, I didn't realize how long they were. 6 1/2" front and 7" rear. Stocks are 3" & 3 1/2"

Next question: where to start for longer shocks?3

Also I'm planning on removing these shackles for maybe some anti-inversion in stock lengths............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom