Olympic Peninsula (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Threads
The boss and I headed out for a few days- no wheeling per se but lots of white out driving. Started with the Chuckanut Drive to Whidbey Island and Coupeville. Got on the Port Townsend ferry for $12.00 and spent the night in a funky hotel there. Townsend is awesome with old buildings and good pubs. Left the next day for Port Angeles through huge snowfalls, arriving at La Push Wa. and a cottage on the beach with a hot tub. Only 5 hours from Pt. Townsend to La Push, right on the west coast of Wa. Very cool. It's fun to sit out there with nothing between yourself and Hawaii, drinking Elysian Porter and watching the surf. Truck ran without a hitch, started from dead cold right away and actually used the headlight washers many times- they actually work very well..
DSC03169.jpg
DSC03179.jpg

That is beautiful!

I grew up on the Atlantic, well, Gulf of St Lawrence actually, and that first pic sure reminds me of home.

Nice pics! :)

Yeah, I found the headlight washers work well when the snow is heavy and sticks to the front of the vehicle. I used mine when we had that snowfall back in November.

It's so nice being right out on the coast isn't it. We get really sheltered in the Vancouver area with Vancouver Island being where it is. If you are ever on the north end of the island find your way to San Josef bay. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but the images are still in my head....stunning.

Did ya see any vampires in Forks? ;)

X2 on the beautiful country out there. I did some work out there at a timber company a few years back. I love that drive along Lake Crescent and then along the ocean south of Forks.

Did you drive around the 101 loop down to Aberdeen over to Olympia and then back up?

Headlight washers... so gay!! ;p
Nice pics

Yeah, it's a nice drive in the summer, awesome scenery. Went surfing there more than 10 yrs ago. Man! Time flies!? I got Montezuma's Revenge from drinking the well water. How does the boss like your truck now? Is it growing on her yet?

We did the Tofino thing 2 yrs ago and got the same mix of sun/snow etc. I always wanted to explore the Olympic Peninsula, and thought it was far more inaccessible than it actually is. It is a nice drive, actually. We wanted to go to Cape Flattery as well, but the weather was getting rather savage. Oh- Lance- I had a monster chicken fried steak in country gravy for lunch as well!

My old steelheading stomping grounds, the Hoh and the Bogashiel and a few other streams.

Are you kidding? I'd break my hip or something. There was huge surf with the full on curl, and a few young guys out there. I sat in the hot tub with a strongbow and a can of peanuts.

Oh- Lance- I had a monster chicken fried steak in country gravy for lunch as well!

Yeah, not a good idea right before bed.

There was a place out there where you could rent Tee Pees on the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom