Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Daily Driving the 60 this week. It loves the cool morning.

Tooled around in it until Lou’s opened and smashed a pork chop @under_psi

4881259C-58EE-4D26-A3EE-192ACED525EC.jpeg

2BBC2FE2-A4CB-4361-B3F5-A7B3EA743BEC.jpeg

I saw in my memories it’s been a year since the full-float and E Locker project.

I realized the only big trip I’ve been on in Blue since then was to Texas hill country where I don’t think it went into 4WD.

So, that made it an easy decision to get Ole Blue saddled up for a trip to the Ozarks this coming weekend.

Cowboy helped me get it all sorted out. I did a full once-over and everything is nice and tight and greased properly.

Stay tuned.

BA82BFCE-4584-459B-94BF-DAED04DF7FDF.jpeg

977E82F6-84AD-4373-B953-3AAFB5AED46D.jpeg

This H55 with dual Elockers with a nice soft Dobinsons suspension is really amazing. We did some pretty difficult trails yesterday and Ole Blue followed all the 35” triple locked 80s easily.

My rear driveshaft exploded this am. Must have whacked it yesterday. It had bad vibes then blew

I’m making it nicely on the front shaft homeward.

35D9F3D4-98E1-4D85-AE3D-806B4C122818.jpeg

CE1DC278-18B6-4A84-8FEE-34ADB3199D83.jpeg

3DB48598-8FAA-4899-941B-32BA84F5EBA2.jpeg

703C38EE-2CEF-475C-B859-4BA3DD06D539.jpeg

Looks like it took a hit just south of the transfer case. I’ll have to do more looking when I get home. Nose down going 75 mph onto the interstate sounds awesome.

43B8201A-0B4B-4ABC-907E-27B8F7590F04.jpeg

How do you have your dual elockers switched in the cab? Just curious and looking for the best solution. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

How do you have your dual elockers switched in the cab? Just curious and looking for the best solution. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Front of the CCOT console

I did a terrible job of cutting the holes though

I am a convert to the dobinsons shocks. Truly a night and day difference over the Old Man Emu shocks I had before. The suspensions now feels new and completely different. Before every bump I hit it the entire car shook. Now its like I seek out the bumps and they don't even register. One of the better additions I have done for ride quality for relatively cheap.

I am a convert to the dobinsons shocks. Truly a night and day difference over the Old Man Emu shocks I had before. The suspensions now feels new and completely different. Before every bump I hit it the entire car shook. Now its like I seek out the bumps and they don't even register. One of the better additions I have done for ride quality for relatively cheap.
SO true! OMEs are actually solid steel rods, hidden by what looks like a shock body! :D

Neapco driveshaft?

Tom Woods 1310 with about 3000 miles on it. I can’t tell what happened actually.

I’m just amazed when it went nose first into I40 it did not shove my brand new Harrop out the back

ADE8BF93-FCFD-41AD-A12D-CEE60D53035F.jpeg

Tom Woods 1310 with about 3000 miles on it. I can’t tell what happened actually.

I’m just amazed when it went nose first into I40 it did not shove my brand new Harrop out the back

View attachment 3220255
Wow! Not only does that look ugly, like you said, it could have BEEN ugly!

Tw is very good to talk with for damage assessment if you're interested in that. I talked with them about an odd failure I had and they were very helpful.

If the tube got smacked though, I bet it also warped/bent the ujoint cross. That would then cause the needle bearings to wear out real fast, and at high speed, blow up. Melting and/or snapping an ear off the cross is pretty uncommon, but not unheard of.

1310 is pretty small, smaller than fj60 u-joints. Why did you use those?

Last edited:
Tw is very good to talk with for damage assessment if you're interested in that. I talked with them about an odd failure I had and they were very helpful.

If the tube got smacked though, I bet it also warped/bent bent the ujoint cross. That would then cause the needle bearings to wear out real fast, and at high speed, blow up. Melting and/or snapping an ear off the cross is pretty uncommon, but not unheard of.

1310 is pretty small, smaller than fj60 u-joints. Why did you use those?
The 1310 is their standard joint. I’ve used them for years on non-rock whomper trucks. It should be fine for my uses. Had to have gotten damaged like you say. It was smooth smooth before the trip.

I think I remember the hit. There was an underwater rock when the truck transitioned up in this video that started smacking s***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom