Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my Rock Auto alternator installed today.

Like a dummy I did not unhook my battery and the live wire grounded and I smoked my Fusable link. Luckily I had a spare

Fired right up and it’s charging like it should. You just need to swap the pulley from the new one (two belt)

When you order they give you the option of 10:00 and 2:00 for the regulator. Be sure to pick 2:00

AB28FED6-C71B-45CC-84D3-00E40060D8CC.jpeg

643B42CF-5FED-4DF6-BB40-554EAEC2F91C.jpeg

I got my Rock Auto alternator installed today.

Like a dummy I did not unhook my battery and the live wire grounded and I smoked my Fusable link. Luckily I had a spare

Fired right up and it’s charging like it should. You just need to swap the pulley from the new one (two belt)

When you order they give you the option of 10:00 and 2:00 for the regulator. Be sure to pick 2:00

View attachment 3064413

View attachment 3064414
I just did this same exact thing 15 minutes ago on my 60 🤦‍♂️

Cut down a wrench to be real slim to get the skinny nut behind the battery+ ring terminal on the back of the alt, then used another wrench to twist the nut off. The slim wrench contacted the alt body and SIZZLE there went my fusible link.

Is this an 80 amp 3fe alt?
FWIW, the internals of a 62 alternator (65A) fit inside a 60 alternator shell. I brought two cores to a local old-time rebuild shop and the guy did it for me. Lord knows how I ended up with the 3FE alternator, but hey - 10 extra Amps and the regulator is clocked correctly so it doesn’t interfere with the oil cooler hose. I wonder if the later 80 guts fit inside the 2F alternator housing….

The casing on this reman is smooth. I almost thought they sent me one without a regulator.

I’m for sure getting my OEM one rebuilt. I moved it around during all of these builds and it’s original 255,000 miles

Those are really nice. How much of the door do they actually cover?

Total length is about 21 5/8". They are held in place with magnets so it's easy to position them where you want. I have a set in my 70 series and they are game changers for comfort and adding a cup holder. Colors come in gray, black and tan.

They look good in a 60; nice cross over part.

Wow. Really, two beautiful builds.

Someday, I want my 60 to grow up and be just like Ol' Blue ...

Wheel Vintiques has been out of those rims forevah!

👍

Total length is about 21 5/8". They are held in place with magnets so it's easy to position them where you want. I have a set in my 70 series and they are game changers for comfort and adding a cup holder. Colors come in gray, black and tan.

They look good in a 60; nice cross over part.
You just ordered the 70 series ones and put them in your 60? And you said they're held on by magnets... does that mean you have to have the metal exposed at the top of the door? Or do the magnets work through the stock door cards? @wngrog Love your threads, have read through them all...

The magnets work through the door material. Not as good as bare metal would.
You just ordered the 70 series ones and put them in your 60? And you said they're held on by magnets... does that mean you have to have the metal exposed at the top of the door? Or do the magnets work through the stock door cards? @wngrog Love your threads, have read through them all...

yea....this.

The magnets work through the door material. Not as good as bare metal would.
Sheesh... MORE stuff to buy. Was kinda hoping you'd say it doesn't work, don't do it... 😆

FWIW, there are cheap imitations of those Arm Rests/Cup holders on Alibaba -- I haven't tried them so no idea on quality, but you can probably guess what it will be...

My 45 and 60 have both had a throttle pedal that was hard at the initial push. Not as noticeable on road as it is off road in low range.

This little bar adds a little leverage to the stock cable/linkage that smooths it out.

06A36331-23B9-44E1-A033-C688F92EA990.jpeg

9DF93728-E409-4267-8772-E20A10564D8C.jpeg

A29476CA-6332-4E2A-89FE-18BBC2EE7D70.jpeg

FWIW, there are cheap imitations of those Arm Rests/Cup holders on Alibaba -- I haven't tried them so no idea on quality, but you can probably guess what it will be...

Quality is probably the same, likely comes from the same factory and is exactly the same as the ones posted. But it's stolen proprietorship. Much better to support a small company that comes up with a great product, who unfortunately has to have it manufactured in the PRC. If you drive a 60 you should be able to buy the real deal and not a pirated product. Don't get me wrong, I've bought some cheap stuff on Alibaba, but it's usually not at the expense of a small time operation. And I do know we all shop at walmart...

@wngrog apologies for the rant. Ole blue looks amazing, and it's looking like monsoon season in Mississippi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom