older tub on 79 frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 79 bj40 with a rotten tub. And I am finding that the newer style body is quite difficult to find tubs for. I've seen a few 68 and older tubs for sale in great condition.

how difficult is it to fit a retro tub on a modern 79+ frame.
what exactly are the differences?

I am an analog guy living in a digital world, I tried searching but can't seem to think of the correct keywords

Seapotato did the same here locally. It can be done if you use the earily fuel tank. The frame rails are essentially the same. The differences are relating to the fuel tank in the middle and the turn lights being different for the rear crossmember. Many of the body mounts are different.

FYI, I'm running an 81 BJ42 hardtop on my 74 tub, so there are no significant problems there. The door strikers are different so you'd need conversion door strikers (there's a thread on how to make em).

if you use the old body mounts on the new frame it will work ,be prepared for a lot of little things.listing all the differences would take a long time and i know this has been covered here before .i have never used the search function so i cant help you there good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom