Old Toyota Logo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if anyone knows the meaning of the writing on this logo. I know that the "Teq" logo means "Toyota", but I haven't been able to find out what the writing around the the outside, above and below the Teq means. Can anyone help? Thanks.

landcruiserlogoyc3.jpg

Good call figuring this out before sticking it on your LandCruiser (assuming this is what you are planning)...saving yourself from giving uncomfortable answers :)

"Toyota Rando Karuza"

"Genuine Parts"

I guess this means that now, when folks stop me and ask me what kind of vehicle I'm driving or if they call it a 'Land Cruiser' (after they insult me first by misidentifying it as a "Land Rover")...

...I'll have to correct their pronunciation and tell them that it is called a "Rando Kuruza"!

Last edited:
It has taken me a long time to find the meaning of the letters, first an old man got me in the direction that might be right but seems to be wrong.
He said the letters mean desmoghj60, but that did not get me anywere, I tried.

Now I am pretty sure it means Toyota boltn'nut machine failt. 変なひと

Back in 1985 there was a problem at the Toyota factory at Nagoya Japan.
225px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

Nisshōki/Hinomaru

With over two million inhabitants, Nagoya is Japan's fourth most populated city. It is the capital of Aichi Prefecture and the principal city of the Nobi plain, one of Honshu's three large plains and metropolitan and industrial centers.

Toyota was founded by Mr. Miyagi and his family;

rolling-in-his-grave.jpg

800px-1939_Family_photo_from_Nagano.jpg

At the moment every Japanese person works at the toyota factory.

Aldo many people complain about the tsunami damage toyoya happily supplied an HJ60 that runs a generator big enough to provide japan with electricity (surplus goes to China)

Ok enough history, what happend in the month of may 1985
icon_question.gif

The nutsn'bolts machine (in Japan called 彼は変だ。変なひと ) broke down and as my HJ60 had to be delivered they took a shortcut and installed strange size bolts and nuts (also used in zero airplanes)

These bolts are found in the following places, they can not be replaced and need to be conserved;
-the exhoust 3 bolts are that strange size.
-the fuel tank straps are bolted with that strange size.
-more to follow..

I am calling BS, Zeros were made by Mitsubishi, not Toyota.
Dyno

"Toyota Rando Karuza"

"Genuine Parts"

I had a Japanese waitress at the Tilton Diner in NH read that off my old Specter shirt a few years ago.
It was cool.
She was so happy it seemed to see my shirt. Reminded her of home i guess.

Haha, @hj 60 you had me there for a second. Then it got weird. So, have we established that it is definitely not some sort of homage to Kamakazi pilots? I wouldn't not be super pumped about having that on my truck.

It sounds like

"Toyota Rando Karuza"

"Genuine Parts"

Is the most likely correct answer. My idea is to have this screen printed on my tire cover. Thought it might look kinda cool. I'll post pics if I get it done. Thanks for the input everyone!

the first logo fitzys logo
top characters = specter off road
teg = toyota
bottom characters = toyota official parts

the second logo benos logo
top = land cruiser
teg= toyota
bottom = toyota official parts

Helps to have a Japanese wife.

Last edited:
Mystery solved

Well, I got the tire cover made. Here's a pic:

Pretty happy with it! Basically, bought a tire cover off amazon, then worked with a local screen printing shop to have the graphic printed. I looked around to see if anyone was already making these, and was surprised that I couldn't find one to buy (which is why I had to make it myself). I even considered having some made and reselling them :idea:. Figured I can't be the first one to have thought of this/wanted this/done this.

Well, I got the tire cover made. Here's a pic:

Pretty happy with it! Basically, bought a tire cover off amazon, then worked with a local screen printing shop to have the graphic printed. I looked around to see if anyone was already making these, and was surprised that I couldn't find one to buy (which is why I had to make it myself). I even considered having some made and reselling them :idea:. Figured I can't be the first one to have thought of this/wanted this/done this.

I would love to have mine made that way, very cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom